Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

USB Clock IN - MIDI Clock OUT

HannesHannes GermanyPosts: 83

Hi folks,
got a question: it seems like it is not possible to receive clock via USB MIDI (from Logic into Deluge) and then send clock out from Deluge via 5-pin MIDI to my Prophet 12 (I've set the P12 to slave mode and to receive clock via MIDI).
Syncing Deluge to Logic works fine via USB. But from there on clock issue appears. ...
Is this a general limitation to the "MIDI clock issue" or is something wrong with my Deluge?

Thank you and all the best
Hanne

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Have you checked under the settings menu to see if MIDI clock output is set to on?

Yeah I did that. Im pretty Sure I have all settings in the deluge in the righ place. By the way, I am getting Sound Out of the Prophet 12 via MIDI Out of Deluge. Shouldve mentioned that. But when I Turn on the arpeggiator of the P12, it Starts to behave strange Like notes are hanging when playing legato. And it says "NO CLOCK"...
    I guess its Something with the P12 that its Not able to Receive clock via MIDI when it was generated via USB in the First place? Like a "translation error"? But I dont know the deeper MIDI limitations in this regard to be certain about that.

Saw this in the P12 manual:
    Arp Auto Latch: Off, On—Works in conjunction with Hold. When Hold and arPeggiator are on and Arp Auto Latch is off, played notes are held on and arpeggiated, with additional played notes added to the held notes and the arpeggio.
    When Arp Auto Latch and Hold are both on, played notes are latched on. Removing your hands from all keys and then playing an additional note or notes causes the held notes to be released and the newly played note(s) to be latched on. As long as at least one key is held, pressing additional keys will add to the arpeggio.

Maybe those settings could have to do with hung notes? I also saw that the arpeggiator won’t run if set to receive external clock but no clock is present.

Sorry I don’t have a P12 to test. But I just tried the same connection from DAW USB to Deluge MIDI to an external synth and the clock works on the external synth just fine. So maybe it’s to do with the P12 settings.

Thanks! Unfortunately I can Not test it for the next days But i'll give it a try. Sounds Like a good solution although i Tested it with the INIT Patch of the P12 and usually the arpeggiator is in "normal" Mode in this Case. I'll come Back to let you hear how it worked Out ...

Yeah let me know. Good luck!

Hello again,
    just wanted to let you know: everything works as it should. Don't know why I was confused about that but obviously, when Arpeggiator is turned on at the P12 but no clock is incoming (because Deluge is not playing), then you can only play one note at a time on the P12. I just have to turn off the Arpeggiator on the P12 in this case.

Thanks for your suggestions and all the best!

Glad to hear you got it sorted! 👍🏼