Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Tempo Learn

Is it possible to set the Tempo of a song from the synced BPM?

I'm trying to sync with old external analog gear using CLK IN. The Deluge syncs perfectly and detects the BPM while the external gear is playing, but it reverts to the original Song tempo the moment the external gear stops triggering.

Learn + Tempo seems to do nothing. I also can't set the BPM manually to the displayed value since SHIFT + TEMPO isn't precise enough.

If I tap the tap tempo button while BPM is synced, it shows the correct the BPM, so the deluge knows it.

Any ideas?

Comments

percussijanpercussijan GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 50

This sometimes annoys me as well... Sorry pal, I don´t have any ideas. @Too_Mere, @Icoustik and the other "old hands" here... do you guys know anything we don´t? :)

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Shift + tempo adjusts swing value. Press and turn the tempo knob to adjust by single increments.
    Also in your use case, I’d consider syncing the external gear to the Deluge instead of the other way around.

Press and turn only adjusts the BPM by whole numbers, yet it needs decimal precision to sync. Sadly the external hardware isn't able to be synced the other way as it's only timed by it's own oscillator.

Was certainly surprised that Learn + Tempo doesn't learn the tempo, and am hoping that I just missed something obvious