β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Software used for recording Deluge tracks into computer?

melchrmelchr United StatesPosts: 10

Hi! I'm wondering how everyone goes about recording tracks into their computers?
I have a newer MacBook Pro. What software would be best for this? Ideally, I'd like to play my track 'live' in the Deluge and just have it record while it's playing into my computer....hope that makes sense.

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

What daw do you use? If you don't have one yet you could use reaper. (Cheap yet professional)

melchrmelchr United StatesPosts: 10

but then once I get a DAW, is there a standard process to follow to record it? or can I just play it on the deluge and record as I go?

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

@melchr said:
    but then once I get a DAW, is there a standard process to follow to record it? or can I just play it on the deluge and record as I go?

You can use resample in combination with mute/solo to bounce soloed tracks to your sd card then import in your daw as separate stems/tracks.

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

If you use @volsteh 's suggestion, you don't need any additional hardware or software. Thats what almost everybody uses I think. Though thats asynchronous, which you didn't want:

@melchr said:
    I'd like to play my track 'live' in the Deluge and just have it record while it's playing into my computer

To achieve that, you have to use an audio interface (additional hardware). That piece of gear converts analog audio signal into digital, so that your computer can work with it. Audio interfaces for this use case range from $20 (e.g. Behringer UCA222) to around $300.
    So the routing would be:

Deluge -> audio cable -> audio interface -> usb cable -> computer

Once this is set up, you tell your daw to listen to the input from the audio interface and start recording that. Now you have a live recording going.

You should know that this way you will only able to record the summed master signal, not each instrument separately.

If you told us what you want to do this for, maybe we can recommend you a better workflow?

@melchr said:

This is a great free daw with no limitations of any kind:
    https://www.tracktion.com/products/waveform-free

And just to add to this, note you have the option to export the song/stems pre and post fx:

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

Is there a function where you can bounce all clips and arranger tracks at once in separate stems?

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

@OdoSendaidokai Unfortunately not, atm. People "single" the tracks and record them one by one.

lordofallbadgerslordofallbadgers Southwest UKPosts: 14

@volsteh said:

@melchr said:

You can use resample in combination with mute/solo to bounce soloed tracks to your sd card then import in your daw as separate stems/tracks.

when somebody points out the bleeding obvious and I find myself thinking .... why didn't I think of that???! Love this forum :)