Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

New Deluge manual / producer guide out now.

2»

Comments

lordofallbadgerslordofallbadgers Southwest UKPosts: 14

hey thanks for heads up on getting it printed. But bigger thanks to Ian for the manual itself - it explains things so well for me - my brain is not the easiest crowd....

tamlyntamlyn LondonBeta Tester Posts: 32

@DaEmbassy said:
    Still no fix for the spelling of "DependAnce", "DependAnt" in the Guide?

Like you, I favour "dependent" but "dependant" is also considered correct
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/spelling-variants-dependent-vs-dependant

DaEmbassyDaEmbassy SydneyPosts: 54

Hey @tamlyn I agree that both spellings are allowed.

From my technology background, the use of "dependent" is in the context of one object relying on another object - be that object a variable, a function, a procedure, a program, etc.,

The use of "dependant" was always in reference to a Person - a child being reliant on a parent, for instance.

I brought this spelling issue up with the Deluge back-office team earlier this year. They've evidently decided not to expend any effort on the change. Mind Over Matter, I guess!

TomSTomS Santa MonicaPosts: 4
    edited September 2022

@porkloin said:
    At least here in the US, I was able to on-demand print an A4-size version of the manual…

Expand

…for around ~$15 USD, and about $5 in shipping costs. It's pretty nicely bound and everything! I didn't have to tinker with pages or bleed configs at all. I figured it was kinda wasteful to get one shipped all the way across the pacific just because I forgot to buy one during regular checkout.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this great tip! I just received my A4 size book, printed at LuLu. Price came to $32.65 includes shipping to US. I chose some of the higher quality settings, thicker paper and hardcover. But I’m really happy with how straight forward it was to print. I was afraid the quality was going to be weird because I got a warning about some text being too small after uploading the deluge manual pdf… but it came out great.
    Thanks again porkloin!

Post edited by TomS on
    bigbadrobbobigbadrobbo ChristchurchPosts: 4
    edited September 2022

This is a really good idea! I've found some of the font sizes in the A5 book too small for my ageing eyes...

Post edited by bigbadrobbo on
    QuestorQuestor New England, USAPosts: 8

@TomS said:

@porkloin said:
    At least here in the US, I was able to on-demand print an A4-size version of the manual…

Expand

…for around ~$15 USD, and about $5 in shipping costs. It's pretty nicely bound and everything! I didn't have to tinker with pages or bleed configs at all. I figured it was kinda wasteful to get one shipped all the way across the pacific just because I forgot to buy one during regular checkout.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this great tip! I just received my A4 size book, printed at LuLu. Price came to $32.65 includes shipping to US. I chose some of the higher quality settings, thicker paper and hardcover. But I’m really happy with how straight forward it was to print. I was afraid the quality was going to be weird because I got a warning about some text being too small after uploading the deluge manual pdf… but it came out great.
    Thanks again porkloin!

Is that 2nd picture the cover?