Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

pitchshift issue midi clock

Dear community,

For the last couple of days I've been experiencing an issue when the Deluge is hooked up to my audio interface and synced to Ableton via MIDI.
Some unpleasent pitchshifts occur to some sounds or delay tails.
I didn't change any settings.
I've read some chapters about MIDI in the Ableton and Deluge manuals and looked up the internet, but couldn't find any infromation that helps.

Do you have any suggestions what I could try to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Tagged:

Comments

LegsMechanicalLegsMechanical United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 49

The problem is that ableton’s clock is notoriously unstable so D is receiving little fluctuations in tempo that are causing pitch changes. That’s not a problem for lots of gear that generally locks incoming tempo to an average of the incoming clock rather than following the clocking of the master pulse for pulse in real-time. I’m guessing the D doesn’t work that way, but I’d bet someone smarter than me here knows a solid workaround.

brjnbrjn Posts: 2

Thank you for your reply and the explanation! It's strange, cause I used it in that setup many times in the last two three years and never had a problem. It emerged all of a sudden and still occurs.