Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Songs skipping first loop when cued in chain.

broughtonfilmbroughtonfilm New YorkBeta Tester Posts: 70

I love the feature of the Deluge which allows us to cue another song while one is already playing. It worked fine for me but all in a sudden I noticed that when I do that the first loop of the new song won't pay right away, only on the second cycle. It seems that this happens when using longer samples (but not crazy long, maybe 5-10 sec). I refreshed the SD card thinking that maybe its speed is causing this but this didn't help. I'm using a fast Sandisk SD. What could be causing it?

Tagged:

Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Does this happen consistently with a particular song you have?
    Also, are you sure you’re on the latest firmware, 3.1.5?

@Too_Mere said:
    Also, are you sure you’re on the latest firmware, 3.1.5?

Yes, I'm on the latest firmware. I want to say it tends to happen more frequently the longer the Deluge is on, and it is not only on one song. The songs it happens in use different samples so it is not just one problematic sample / sample pool. I had asked a question here about SD card fragmentation for that reason, I thought this could have been the cause. Maybe it was a coincidence but right after I used a freshly formatted card and copied its backup back to it, it seemed to work better. But maybe I did not test the problematic songs... Either way. This was just 2-3 short sessions since then so I'd expect for this fix to last longer. Have you experienced anything like it?

@Too_Mere said:

I tested again after I responded to you, and now after I've restarted Deluge, I'm unable to replicate the problem. Which is consistent with my observation that this tends to happen when Deluge is on for a while.

Interesting. I haven’t had any issues with SD cards personally.
    I did have a case a while ago when this happened to me (using a beta version). I found how to reliably replicate it and it got fixed in the next version.

So if we can pinpoint the scenario replicate on any Deluge it’s likely fixable.
    Only variable is the SD card you mentioned. Have you tried with other cards and still experienced this?

@Too_Mere said:
    Interesting. I haven’t had any issues with SD cards personally.
    I did have a case a while ago when this happened to me (using a beta version). I found how to reliably replicate it and it got fixed in the next version.

So if we can pinpoint the scenario replicate on any Deluge it’s likely fixable.
    Only variable is the SD card you mentioned. Have you tried with other cards and still experienced this?

Yes, I tried multiple cards.

What scenario was causing it in beta firmware?

The problem with this issue is that it is impossible to predict if the cued song is going to play correctly or not.

I know it was a song with several kits with lots of samples. Don’t really know the specific cause but if you can make it happen at least somewhat consistently on a song, you can send it to Rohan and he can likely to the bottom of it.

alphaminusalphaminus United StatesPosts: 44

I've noticed that setting sample priority for the most important ones is very helpful. It seems to me that at the moment of starting a new track, sample polyphony overhead seems to drop just a little.