Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Play / Stop as MIDI messages in MIDI enabled Video Editing programs (NLE) ? PrControl plugin

broughtonfilmbroughtonfilm New YorkBeta Tester Posts: 69

Hi,

I'm looking to score a little video piece with Deluge. I managed to find a third party software plugin which works with Adobe Premiere which acts as a control surface bridge, basically making it possible to assign specific MIDI messages to functions in Premiere Pro (the software is here: https://peltmade.com/prcontrol-functions.html ). I managed to install it and the connectivity works but the function I was really after was to be able to send Play / Stop messages to Premiere so that when I start the playback of the score on the Deluge it automatically starts the playback of the video in Premiere. I'm able to see incoming messages from any pad on the Deluge, but not from pressing the Play button. What do I need to do to enable it?

Thanks!

Answers

Hmmm... I thought this was just me being new to it and not knowing how to figure out, I thought it was an easy thing. Apparently it is not?

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Have you tried this?

I think "Video Editing" in the title makes people think that they can't help :wink: I love the thought of controlling an entire performance audibly and visibly with the deluge and maybe projecting it on the wall you're standing at... So many possibilities. But so much work :sweat_smile:

@Heptagen said:
    Have you tried this?

I think "Video Editing" in the title makes people think that they can't help :wink: I love the thought of controlling an entire performance audibly and visibly with the deluge and maybe projecting it on the wall you're standing at... So many possibilities. But so much work :sweat_smile:

Thanks. Sorry for a late reply. Unfortunately this does not work. Yeah, this gives many possibilities but unfortunately not the one I'm after.

Best

jsilencejsilence GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 27

@broughtonfilm said:
    I'm able to see incoming messages from any pad on the Deluge, but not from pressing the Play button. What do I need to do to enable it?

Pretty sure the Deluge is sending Midi Start and Stop messages. Just completed a setup where I start the MPC One, a Blackbox and a Monome Norns from the Deluge via a MidiHub.
    Stock Deluge. Did not change anything in the setup/config.

The Windows Software Midi OX can be useful for debugging Midi issues. It has a log mode somewhere.

As a workaround you can try to have one muted track or a Midi track on the deluge with just a single Note right at the start and try to configure the bridge to trigger video playback when this note is played.

edited August 2021

@jsilence said:

@broughtonfilm said:
    I'm able to see incoming messages from any pad on the Deluge, but not from pressing the Play button. What do I need to do to enable it?

Pretty sure the Deluge is sending Midi Start and Stop messages. Just completed a setup where I start the MPC One, a Blackbox and a Monome Norns from the Deluge via a MidiHub.
    Stock Deluge. Did not change anything in the setup/config.

The Windows Software Midi OX can be useful for debugging Midi issues. It has a log mode somewhere.

As a workaround you can try to have one muted track or a Midi track on the deluge with just a single Note right at the start and try to configure the bridge to trigger video playback when this note is played.

Good idea with the MIDI note. I'll give it a try. Meanwhile I scored that piece in Logic, sadly without Deluge. Thanks!

Post edited by broughtonfilm on