Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Apply effect to part of the sample

Hello,

In my workflow is very common to add fx only in a part of a sample ; let's say the sample has 3 seconds and i want to add delay only the the final 500ms of the sample... can this be done ?

For instance, in 16th zoom leve, the sample is taking 8 pads long, and i want to apply the delay only starting from the 6th pad. I tried to p-lock the 'tail' of the sample and add delay, but instead what happened is the delay is applied to the entire sound, not only the 'tail' i'm trying to apply.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

PercivalePercivale SingaporeBeta Tester Posts: 32
    edited August 2021

[scratch my idea - did not work}

Post edited by Percivale on
    HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Answer from the discord server:

"The only solution that I could think of is put the tail end of the audio into another clip and just use it for delay
    If it plays every 2 bars just make a totally silent clip till then"

"In that case I'd set it to "2 of 2" with the select knob"

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

A better solution from discord:

solution: set sample to cut. place it on sequencer, find where you want the delay to start (ie. 6th pad). cut off the sample a pad before where you want the FX applied (trim the length of the "cut" sample" to the 5th pad) then place another instance of sample on 6th pad, parameter lock delay amount on. remove 2nd instance of sample on pad 6 and re-extend the first instance as needed
    you can predefine parameter locks, when you delete the notes, the parameter lock will remain

KushoKusho Christchurch, NZBeta Tester Posts: 17

If the sample is long you can record automation of the delay amount increase by turning the gold knob while recording.

discorulesdiscorules BrazilPosts: 38

@Heptagen said:
    A better solution from discord:

solution: set sample to cut. place it on sequencer, find where you want the delay to start (ie. 6th pad). cut off the sample a pad before where you want the FX applied (trim the length of the "cut" sample" to the 5th pad) then place another instance of sample on 6th pad, parameter lock delay amount on. remove 2nd instance of sample on pad 6 and re-extend the first instance as needed
    you can predefine parameter locks, when you delete the notes, the parameter lock will remain

Great solution , thank you !