Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sample Editor Shortcut in Manual Page 162

asobeasobe Posts: 4
edited August 2021 in Deluge Help

Hi all,

I am new to the forum. As a new user, I must say this is the best device I have ever used. I had regrets for all my other recent equipment purchases because it is so great. So, I had to chalk up their expense to research costs in order to find the Deluge.

Anywho, I decided to start learning the audio function when I found a page in the manual that mentions a shortcut to the sound editor and file browser, as below:

"LOADING A SAMPLE INTO THE CLIP USING SOUND EDITOR
1. Select audio clip view by pressing any audio clip row [PAD] in song view
or press an audio clips’, right part / tail [PAD] in arranger view.
2. Within clip view, press (SELECT) from the shortcut grid pads opens the
sound editor.
3. Within the sound editor or file browser, turn (SELECT) to navigate,
press (SELECT) to drill into the menu. [BACK / UNDO] to back up.
4. Default position is ‘SAmP’ - sample option. Press (SELECT) to access
‘FiLE’ - file browser."

• page 162 in the current manual

I think this may be a typo or non-implemented design because I cannot find a (SELECT) button in the shortcut grid. So, I posted here to see if this is accessed another way to check the gravity of the err. Can I go direct to the sample editor with out going through the OSC menus?

Thank you

Sorry, I did not select "ask a question", and now I cant delete the post to make it so. Next time, I will remember,

Post edited by asobe on

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

You’re right. “from the shortcut grid pads” is a typo that shouldn’t be there. Just pressing the select knob is what they’re referring to in that section. The same browse function is accessible from the browse grid pad shortcut, as described in the section just before this one in the manual.