Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How to rename and move recorded samples and Audio clips on the Deluge?

tarkusbtarkusb UkBeta Tester Posts: 11

Hi there, proud new deluge owner and loving this wonder machine, but I’m a bit confused about sample management.
I can’t seem to find any way to rename recorded samples or move them to other folders. I know you can do this by sticking the card in your computer, but it then breaks the link for samples in songs. Is there really no way to do this on the Deluge?
I sometimes end up with a large amount of recorded samples, so being able to keep them organised is essential.

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

There’s currently no way to organize samples from the Deluge. There’s a free software called Deluge Commander that can do this while keeping the link between songs/presets and their samples.

For the time being, I prefer to organize samples using kits and songs. Kits, kit rows, and songs all can be named and saved on the Deluge. I use these to recall samples I want. Once I use the browse shortcut within the saved kit of the samples I’m looking for, I can start a new kit or synth and the browser will automatically be at the desired sample.

Answers

tarkusbtarkusb UkBeta Tester Posts: 11

Ok, so that’s a couple of good work arounds, I will check out Deluge Commander.
    Hopefully this is something which can be addressed in a future update, I’m sure other people would find the ability to do this directly on the deluge a great help with workflow.

davidvacekdavidvacek Czech RepublicPosts: 4

I just started playing around with recording samples and also would love to see possibility to rename them, as we have keyboard + naming possibility for other files on deluge, hope this will get to some future update if it is not something too hard to implement.

I tried shift+name when in browser on selected recorded file and it switches to keyboard mode, display shows number 9 for some reason, but when I try to put in some name and accept the change, nothing happens :/.

Would be cool to have possibility to create even new folders and rename any files or move them around when in browser mode. But I believe there are more important features in developement and still loving the device overall, will use deluge commander too! Thanks!

One up vote for this functionality. TY!

@davidvacek said:
    I tried shift+name when in browser on selected recorded file and it switches to keyboard mode, display shows number 9 for some reason, but when I try to put in some name and accept the change, nothing happens :/.

Hmm, ill have to look into more of this and get comfortable with what is there, atleast.

Hi, has this functionality been added in the recent firmware update? thanks

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

@boisnois said:
    Hi, has this functionality been added in the recent firmware update? thanks

No.

What @Too_Mere described is the best (and only) way to deal with this.

got it.
    thanks.