Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Multiple tracks assignable to 1 midi channel

Name of the thread says it all, as currently we are locked to 1 track for 1 midi channel like the internal synth behaviour. I believe it should be possible for us to be able to assign multiple tracks to the same midi channel, letting the synth decide which notes it wants to play. This has a big effect for me as I like to often have 1 midi line, and then add in a 2nd to the same synth which would then create a more complex line, usually first like in 4/4, second in 3/4, another in 7/8 etc, so my synth line has a more evolving feel about it.

Tagged:

Comments

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184
    edited September 2017

FREE THE MIDI haha the more i think of it the more i agree. Maybe also give us the option...... so that we can set it in a menu to decide the behavior....... Such as.... 1. Single midi per track, if you add copies of it, you can cycle between them 2. free the midi

Post edited by rpc9943 on
    MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93

Well this is in addition to previous requests to allow multiple midi channels to be assigned to the same track.

aquapheraquapher CanadaPosts: 10

+1
    I've had a habit of writing songs using multiple tracks to a singel midi channel. Great way to mixup melodies n such,

The user and all related content has been deleted.
    funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128

yeah... +1

XLZXLZ GermanyPosts: 2

+1
    Multiple tracks with different lengths assigned to 1 ch would also allow polyrhythms on one drum machine

placebo92placebo92 Vancouver BC CanadaPosts: 6
    This would really go a long way in completing this machine for me. Or maybe even an easy way to mute/unmute certain sections of a track would be good enough. Maybe this is possible already but I'm not sure.. Anyone know?
    PuppeteerPuppeteer Perth, West OzBeta Tester Posts: 52

This would be great. I often use 1 or 2 tracks for notes, and then a few tracks with different controller data, so we can get a bunch of variations very quickly.

MaZmiThMaZmiTh new yorkPosts: 7

+1

Rian78Rian78 USAPosts: 22

Great Idea, hopefully this can happen.
    +1

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

obvious must have :smile:
    almost a bug :wink:

This discussion has been closed.