Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Keep parameters synced across different clips? Or copy/paste parameter info?

WillGDKWillGDK Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 10

I'm running into a situation where I will make a drum kit or a synth, then make copies of that clip so I can play them at different points in my song. After noodling for a while and putting in some notes, I will start to focus in on the parameters like level, attack/release, delay and reverb to try to make them all sound good together.

So if I have four clips based on the same drum kit, and I get it really dialed in nicely on one of those clips, is there a way to copy/paste those parameters to the others? I'm talking about global changes to the whole clip, not automation so not any shifting values or anything. Or is there a way to tell Deluge that when I'm working with these four clips, and I change the reverb on one to change it on all of them? So far I've either just been eyeballing it or menu diving to find exact values and then entering them into the other clips by hand, which works, but is time-consuming.

Thanks so much!

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

There’s not a way to copy just the parameters in that way.
    The quickest workaround is to save the preset of the clip with the new settings you wish to copy. Then in one of the other clips with the previous settings press the load button + synth/kit.
    The preset should already be in the display. If not, type it in. Then long press the load button until CLONe shows up. Press load once more.
    Now the old clip will have the new parameters. If there are other clips with the same preset just turn the select knob on those one click counterclockwise to pick (preset) 2. Do this to the clip with the proper settings you originally saved as well, as it’ll keep them sharing the same arranger track and will continue to choke as expected in song view.
    Once is done you can also delete the preset save if not wanted.

Sorry, it’s a lengthy description, but can be much quicker to do than copying each parameter manually.

WillGDKWillGDK Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 10

Too_Mere, thanks, that's super helpful. No worries on the long description, I get what you're saying and it's really, really close to what I was hoping for. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Happy to help! 👍🏼

DrLucidiousDrLucidious SwitzerlandPosts: 3
    edited July 2021

Just so I understand: there is no option "affect all clips with this kit/synth"?

If not, that would make mixing virtually impossible...

Post edited by DrLucidious on

That right.
    Just mix one of the clips to your liking and copy the settings to the other clips using the process above.

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

@Too_Mere said:
    There’s not a way to copy just the parameters in that way.
    The quickest workaround is to save the preset of the clip with the new settings you wish to copy. Then in one of the other clips with the previous settings press the load button + synth/kit.
    The preset should already be in the display. If not, type it in. Then long press the load button until CLONe shows up. Press load once more.
    Now the old clip will have the new parameters. If there are other clips with the same preset just turn the select knob on those one click counterclockwise to pick (preset) 2. Do this to the clip with the proper settings you originally saved as well, as it’ll keep them sharing the same arranger track and will continue to choke as expected in song view.
    Once is done you can also delete the preset save if not wanted.

Sorry, it’s a lengthy description, but can be much quicker to do than copying each parameter manually.

Thanks from me too. I had to read it three times and I'm sure I'll need to have it in front of me the first couple of times I try it, but I'm hoping it'll be something I can do in a few seconds once it becomes familiar.

No problem! 👍🏼
    Just go through the process a few times and you’ll get there :)