Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Global MIDI Commands going to work with CC?

HannesHannes GermanyPosts: 83

Hello again,
after thinking about buying a MIDI foot controller I just realized that my BOSS ES-8 is capable of sending MIDI data. Sadly I discovered the Deluge only respond to Note data for the global commands. Unfortunately no Note Data is possible with the ES-8. Only CC, PC, LSB, MSB.

Are there any plans to add CC to the global commands in a future firmware update? Otherwise I'd have to get an additional foot controller... Any recommendations?

Thanks a lot and all the best
Hannes

Comments

HannesHannes GermanyPosts: 83

just found the Blackstar Live Logic controller which can send Note data... better ideas anybody? Not that easy to find foot controllers with Note data capability

DaEmbassyDaEmbassy SydneyPosts: 54

Hi @Hannes

I have prototyped a MIDI foot controller using an Arduino, and it worked fine. But I couldn't recommend a commercial controller. Sorry.

As for future firmware contents, I don't know what the roadmap is - you would have to connect with @Ian_Jorgensen to see whether he can share any information.

Cheers,

MBC