Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge + Waldorf Rocket + Elektron Analog Keys

mcpepemcpepe Marbella, SpainBeta Tester Posts: 98

Waldorf Rocket arpeggios sequenced, and recorded by the Deluge. Also added delay and reverb to the audio IN LR.
Recording the Deluge and the Waldorf Rocket was very easy, directly to the Deluge's SD card. Then imported to 1 track of Logic, and aplying only a little eq and compressor.

Later I thought I needed a bass in the middle of the track, and recorded it with the Analog Keys. Again a little bit of eq and compressor.

Afterwards I added a mastering preset to the master bus and adjusted the levels a little bit.

Comments

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108

Great sounds love this style

@RandomAztec said:
    Great sounds love this style

Thanks! :-)

EdiEdi IrelandPosts: 17

Really nice atmoshpere. Defintely agree with the addition of the bass.

@Edi said:
    Really nice atmoshpere. Defintely agree with the addition of the bass.

Thanks Edi for the comments.
    Maybe, with more time, I could have added a melody líne, but...

alifeinbinaryalifeinbinary Vancouver, CanadaBeta Tester Posts: 19

@mcpepe what settings are you using on the Keys? I'm experience some annoying endless midi loop problems, stuck notes, especially with a performance that uses the PB/MW/BR joystick during recording to the Deluge. I'm running Elektron Keys OS 1.51 and Deluge 3.1.4 and 3.1.5 (problems exists in both)

What I'm trying to do:
    I want to use the Keys with an external sequencer so that I can capture Joystrick usage and performance macros. I have tracks 1-4 on the Keys sending on channels 5-8, respectively.

MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG > OUTPUT CH = Trk Ch
    MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG > PARAM OUTPUT = CC
    MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG > RECEIVE NOTES = True
    MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG > RECEIVE CC/NPRN = True

MIDI CONFIG > MIDI Channels =>
    Track 1 = 5
    Track 2 = 6
    Track 3 = 7
    Track 4 = 8
    FX = Off
    CV = Off
    Perf = 3
    Auto = 3

What I'm experiencing:
    While recording a performance into the Deluge, as soon as I start using the PB/MW/BR joystick I get parameters within the synth patch on the Keys jumping all over the place, thereby changing the sound of the patch, and if I keep twiddling the joystick, eventually the selected track will mute, with a stuck note ringing. Turning the voice volume potentiometer causes a similar result.

Do you experience this?

I'm thinking that the data corruption is happening within the Deluge, as this doesn't happen when recording into Ableton Live.