Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Dropping voices after resampling

PhonicPhonic USAPosts: 26

I work in arranger view to finish my music… I am always very close to the cpu limit by the time im trying to add the last cymbal or hihat to finish a track. Usually i get around this by resampling whatever that seems to be causing the most cpu drain and the problem is solved. But i am really losing patience with this current track.

I had 22 tracks playing at once carefully placed to not trigger a voice drop. I added one hihat loop with delay and my synth started to drop.. np…

I have since resampled and deleted every synth vocal and fx track from the song view that was using cpu… essentially flattening everything that isnt drums and deleted every single unused sample from my kits… i am down to 19 tracks… 1/3 of them are just wavs now and im actually dropping 2 parts at a time bass and synth instead of just the synth before i resampled anything??? I thought i took strain off the cpu?

Does the cpu have some sort of “memory” when it hits its limit…

it seems i cannot finish this track on one deluge alone no matter how many tracks i resample and delete. I have a 2nd deluge but at this point i think i need to call it a day on the box and finish the track in logic…(i feel like i gailed every time i have to go outside the box to the computer just to add a crash cymbal) id pay $1000 for a bigger cpu… anybody know how to make that happen?

Tagged:

Comments

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

Have you taken a read of the Deluge CPU performance section of the manual and tried those tips?
    There isn't a way to add more RAM, but there are techniques for maximizing performance, ie: removing unused samples in kits, reducing complexity in synth voices that are sounding at once, etc. Take a read and see if anything there that leaps out that might help improve performance for you.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited June 2021

@Phonic said:
    I work in arranger view to finish my music… I am always very close to the cpu limit by the time im trying to add the last cymbal or hihat to finish a track. Usually i get around this by resampling whatever that seems to be causing the most cpu drain and the problem is solved. But i am really losing patience with this current track.

I had 22 tracks playing at once carefully placed to not trigger a voice drop. I added one hihat loop with delay and my synth started to drop.. np…

I have since resampled and deleted every synth vocal and fx track from the song view that was using cpu… essentially flattening everything that isnt drums and deleted every single unused sample from my kits… i am down to 19 tracks… 1/3 of them are just wavs now and im actually dropping 2 parts at a time bass and synth instead of just the synth before i resampled anything??? I thought i took strain off the cpu?

Does the cpu have some sort of “memory” when it hits its limit…

it seems i cannot finish this track on one deluge alone no matter how many tracks i resample and delete. I have a 2nd deluge but at this point i think i need to call it a day on the box and finish the track in logic…(i feel like i gailed every time i have to go outside the box to the computer just to add a crash cymbal) id pay $1000 for a bigger cpu… anybody know how to make that happen?

Hey, did you make sure to delete the tracks from arranger view too?

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

PhonicPhonic USAPosts: 26
    edited June 2021

Yeah i deleted all the empty arranger tracks as well as the original midi notes and synths and saved multiple iterations… i think i found a different solution. I can mute all the vox and fx fills and resample an instrumental pass minus a few fx and fills… then do an fx pas then a vox pass and start a new track with the 3 wavs… mixing down is my main objective before playing live so i guess thats my solution… sorry i didnt think if this before… i just thought bouncing to the same song would work… ill have to bounce in “bus” groups to a new song i guess… this is for a label release in sept for a track on Seed recordings. I do love my deluge(s). Thanks guys!

Post edited by Phonic on
    IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@Phonic said:
    Yeah i deleted all the empty arranger tracks as well as the original midi notes and synths and saved multiple iterations… i think i found a different solution. I can mute all the vox and fx fills and resample an instrumental pass minus a few fx and fills… then do an fx pas then a vox pass and start a new track with the 3 wavs… mixing down is my main objective before playing live so i guess thats my solution… sorry i didnt think if this before… i just thought bouncing to the same song would work… ill have to bounce in “bus” groups to a new song i guess… this is for a label release in sept for a track on Seed recordings. I do love my deluge(s). Thanks guys!

Happy to help when possible :) Appreciate your dedication and resolve!

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ