Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Midi controller clip launch?

Can I midi learn the clip mute/unmute launch button..simple yes or no answer will do.. then I'll RTFM✌️

Comments

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108

much obliged

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@RandomAztec said:
    much obliged

Gotta be midi notes, not CC's :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

thethanxthethanx USAPosts: 9

I've been having an issue with this. Learning sections is no problem, but when I go to learn the clip mute/unmute it will say it has learned it and then function very strangely. What will happen consistently is that if I have some dependent clips, if I trigger the clip in the next section, it will turn off the clip in the first section. Other than that, sometimes if I jam on the buttons enough it will in fact launch a clip I've been trying to trigger, but it will only play through the one time and then stop.

Most of the time hitting the button assigned to the clip does nothing. Then controller is definitely assigned to send notes: I've tried Trigger, Toggle and Momentary and nothing changes. Occasionally I will see a very faint "1" on the lcd display, but it doesn't seem to change whether or not the clip launches.

Oddly every other midi function seems to be working fine, so it's pretty exclusive to launching clips. As I've already said, when I assign full sections to launch this way it has no issue doing so. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?