Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Multi-Sample ranges confusion.

broughtonfilmbroughtonfilm New YorkBeta Tester Posts: 69

I’m having trouble understanding multi-sample ranges. Particularly when loading new multi-samples into an existing synth with multi-samples in it. Loading to a new synth is fine, I’m able to set the range to be Bot-Top but then when I want to do the same with the news multi-samples the range is limited (typically, I’m able to set either Bot or Top as the start/end of the range, but not the full Bot-Top). The manual says that in order to extend the range beyond the current range a Shift+Scroll knob turn is required. However, I’m still not able to set the Bot-Top range. I find the whole thing quite confusing. If the originally set range was Bot-Top, what is there to be extend anyway? If on the other hand the shown range when one tries to load new samples refers to the range of the actual sample pitches currently loaded (mapped to the Bot-Top range), why can’t I have the new multi-samples also mapped to Bot-Top ?

The manual explanation of it is pretty poor (and of many other things). Can someone please help?

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

No problem. I understand now. Thanks for clarifying. Glad you’ve got it figured out👍🏼

Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Can you please clarify what you’re specifically trying to achieve?

It sounds like you have other samples loaded where you’re trying to add samples. If you select a range then hold shift and press save/delete to remove that sample. Or you can change the ranges of samples that are in the way.

broughtonfilmbroughtonfilm New YorkBeta Tester Posts: 69

@Too_Mere said:
    Can you please clarify what you’re specifically trying to achieve?

It sounds like you have other samples loaded where you’re trying to add samples. If you select a range then hold shift and press save/delete to remove that sample. Or you can change the ranges of samples that are in the way.

I think I figured it out. I wanted to simply replace all the multi-samples in the synth. This was to preserve everything other than the samples themselves, use an existing synth as a template (due to specific MIDI CC assignments which I don't want to redo and synth settings). I thought that when loading new samples I needed to specify the range they have to be loaded to, and since I wanted to replace them all I was trying to set Bot-Top. But it appears that one has to simply select the folder where all the new multi-samples are and press and hold Select scroll to display "Multi" and this loads Bot-Top, overriding the selected range anyway. My confusion was due to the fact that I had known you could replace just some specific notes (such as for example a bad sample, or split the keyboard and use multiple instruments) which requires choosing specific range. All this is quite confusing and poorly explained in the manual.

Did not know about being able to delete samples in the range, thank you, this will be useful too.

Thank you.