Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

From Synth tracks to MIDI tracks

musirafaelmusirafael madridPosts: 11

Hi,
I'm new in the forum and have just ordered my Deluge. Can't wait for it to arrive!

I'm amazed at how deep it is (and its manual too) so I'll have to take it easy and watch lots of videos.

My first intention is to use it as a portable scratchpad for musical ideas, that I would like to transfer later on to my external hw synths.

The sequencer seems amazing and probably would use it as the center of a DAWless setup. My question then: is it easy/possible to convert tracks made with the internal synth to MIDI/CV tracks including automation data (MIDI only I guesss)?

Best regards
Rafael

Best Answers

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    Answer ✓

Yes, you can convert back and forth between track types. Not sure about automation data because I don't use midi/cv clips.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

Yes, Volsteh is correct. Easy to switch clip types. The notes will remain but automation however is tied to the synth patch. And when you switch to a MIDI clip you’ll have to assign the gold knob a CC parameter before it can be automated.
    But you can easily copy automation by holding Learn + pressing the gold knob. Paste with shift + learn + gold knob.
    If there’s more than one automation lane to copy, you’ll have to duplicate the clip, change the duplicate to MIDI, then copy and paste each automation lane one by one after assigning CCs.

Answers