Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

COLLECT Error

Dear Forum,

I have a lot of errors when I try and COLLECT my different songs. Sometimes a restart of the Deluge helps. Is this expected?

Also, using the COLLECT function can take maybe 20 minutes or 1 minute with the same song. Is this expected?

If yes, are there any known workarounds?

If not, do you have any suggestions on what is the reason behind me experiencing this problem?

I'm currently on 3.1.4.

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

Still, it doesn't solve the problems with using the COLLECT save function I experienced. Btw the file is about 150MB and was created using resampling.

That is a bit large. I would try another card though.

Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

First thing you should do is update to the latest firmware, 3.1.5. The errors may be bugs that have been fixed.
    The time it takes to collect save songs mostly depends on the amount and size of audio files used in that song, among other things.

Hey Too_Mere,

Thank you for your reply. I have now updated to the latest firmware.

I experience one of the following when using the COLLECT function:

1) The Deluge writes "Error" on the display and stops saving.
    2) The Deluge writes "Error" on the display and keep on saving.
    3) The spinning animation displays but after waiting for a while it's not possible to press the back/undo button, which leads me to conclude that the Deluge crashes.
    4) The Deluge finishes with the COLLECT save song successfully and writes "done" on the display.

In case 4) the COLLECT save song function can take from 1 -> 20 minutes for the exact same song.

I have now been using the COLLECT save song repeatedly on all my songs until they finished with a "done". I can open all of the songs successfully except one where the display writes "Corr" when loading. What does this mean?

Could you perhaps comment on the following?:

I removed all the samples from the RECORD and RESAMPLE folders to save space on the card. Is this a bad idea? I haven't found a way to select samples from the folders in the SONG folder, so my conclusion right now is that I will have to move the files I need back into the RECORD and RESAMPLE folders, right?

Thanks again :-)

If you load the collect save and then do a regular save, all samples used in the song will be copied to their previous locations.

I know in your other post you mentioned a very large audio file. This could partially cause what you’re experiencing. A bad SD card could also be at fault. Maybe try another card if you have one.

@Too_Mere said:
    If you load the collect save and then do a regular save, all samples used in the song will be copied to their previous locations.

Hi again Too_mere,

That's maybe a solution - I'd like to get rid of unused samples and this could perhaps be a good way :-)

Still, it doesn't solve the problems with using the COLLECT save function I experienced. Btw the file is about 150MB and was created using resampling.