β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Desktop portable mixer with Deluge

nikpalmernikpalmer VancouverBeta Tester Posts: 11

So I have a great Tascam 24 mixer but it's huge and in the basement studio. If I want to setup the Deluge on my dining table with let's say a Reface, a stereo delay pedal, a stereo reverb pedal, maybe a MicroFreak or something small. And I want the deluge to be recording loops/layers and maybe providing drums/samples Then what type of mixer am I going to need to bring that together that is pretty portable? It's going to go out to headphones only.

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

Check out 1010 blue box.

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

AlamoBlendAlamoBlend WA, USAPosts: 4

Another option might be the Keith McMillen K-Mix - it has 8 ins/10 outs with flexible AUX routing and some internal DSP-based EQ and effects. It can also act as a USB interface, which is why I had bought one, but the Windows drivers are pretty bad (KMI obviously prefers macOS to Windows based on the quality differential in their software offerings). I ended up selling my K-Mix, but I definitely miss its portability and all-digital-but-still-physical user interface.

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

I use a Bluebox with my Deluge! Feel free to ask me anything :)

That list of gear sounds great with this setup, here's one way it could work:

Reface, Microfreak, Deluge, Delay, Reverb into 5 of the inputs (you can choose between mono/stereo)
    Delay/reverb being fed from OUT2/CUE stereo outputs
    OUT1 is your mains, with internal delay, reverb and compressor

Depending on how important delay and reverb are, you could always use the internal ones. Each input gets a dedicated 4-band EQ plus there's an EQ for the Main out.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited May 2021

Just droppin this link here for peeps in general as these are great, hi-quality and super portable little mixers, and summers (albeit mostly mono):
    https://saturnworkspedals.com/product/summer-mixer-pedal/

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

@lcoustik that is an excellent link :)