Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Looping workflow question

One pain point in my work flow I noticed was this: I have a nice audio clip recorded, then I want to overdub on it. So, while it's playing I hit the LOOP button I have on my pedal and wait for the bar to turn around and the overdub to start. But I often don't get it in one take. So when I mess it up, I hit LOOP again and UNDO.

The problem is that to do another take I need to hit PLAY, then LOOP, then wait for the bar to turn around. That's been tedious when I have 8 bars or something. Is there anyway to start looping without having to hit play first and wait for that bar turn around?

Tagged:

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

One thought is that if you have count-in set to on in the settings menu, simply pressing loop will give you a count-in and then start recording right at the beginning.

Alternatively, in your scenario above if you mess up, instead of hitting LOOP again before hitting UNDO, just hit UNDO right away. This will clear out the unwanted clip while the 8 bars continues to play. Then if you have time to hit LOOP again before the 8 bars finish, it'll start recording the next take at the next loop around.

satshabadsatshabad Posts: 20

Thanks, that's very helpful!

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem 👍🏼

Hey on the looping question, how do I set a count on for the looper recording?