Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Audio Clip Loops of Different Lengths?

Starting from a blank song, I create a blank audio clip, and then hit LOOP from a pedal and record 4 bars, ending the 4 bars by hitting LOOP. That works great. But then if I create a new blank audio clip below and try to LOOP for only 1 bar and then hit LOOP, the recording keeps going.

So my question is: is it possible to easily record loops of different lengths (specifically a loop less than the length of an existing loop)?

Tagged:

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

When you create a new blank clip in song mode it defaults to the length visible in song view, dependent on zoom level. Then when you close the loop it will wait for multiples of that initial length.
    So if you created a clip at 4th zoom level (four bars in length) it will wait for the nearest multiple of four to close the loop.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@satshabad said:
    Starting from a blank song, I create a blank audio clip, and then hit LOOP from a pedal and record 4 bars, ending the 4 bars by hitting LOOP. That works great. But then if I create a new blank audio clip below and try to LOOP for only 1 bar and then hit LOOP, the recording keeps going.

So my question is: is it possible to easily record loops of different lengths (specifically a loop less than the length of an existing loop)?

Building on what my dude Too_Mere said; all you have to do is change the zoom level (hold and turn <>-knob) to whatever length you want i.e. 16th for 1 bar, and subsequent LOOPs/ overdubs will adhere to that :)
    However, LAYEr overdubs will always lock to the length of the preceding clip.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

satshabadsatshabad Posts: 20

YES, I didn't realize the zoom level and loop stuff interacted like that. Woohoo!