β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Drumuge: Synth Drum Sound Pack

neilbaldwinneilbaldwin UKBeta Tester Posts: 143

My new sound pack: 160 unique drum sounds using only the Deluge's internal synth engines.

https://gum.co/drumuge

Demo video here. Audio recorded out of my Deluge with no external processing.

Enjoy!

Β«1

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

Totally worth it. <3

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

@volsteh said:
    Totally worth it. <3

Thank you man, much appreciated! πŸ™πŸ»

I should say these are better used with an external MIDI keyboad/controller as pretty much all sounds have a degree of modulation/variance mapped to velocity input.

MikeKayMikeKay Sydney, West IslandPosts: 14

Thanks for putting this together, @neilbaldwin - I picked it up as soon as I heard the demo. Looks like a Python installation is in my near future...

@MikeKay said:
    Thanks for putting this together, @neilbaldwin - I picked it up as soon as I heard the demo. Looks like a Python installation is in my near future...

Thank you Mike!

This week I'll be working on finishing up the GUI version of the kit builder so hopefully it will be more accessible to users wanting to build kits. Having said that, the individual sounds are just as usable on individual tracks (it's certainly easier to play them at different pitches that way) and all of the demo patterns in the video were done without using kits. The biggest advantage of kits is probably the ability to EQ the kit as a whole as the individual sounds make extensive use of EQ/LPF/HPF for tonal control.

In the meantime, today, I'll also group together the various sound types (Kicks, Snares etc.) numerically into small kits - maybe 8 in each? - and will update the Gumroad page.

Paid customers should've recieved an update.

phillipadsmithphillipadsmith United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 89

@neilbaldwin said:
    I should say these are better used with an external MIDI keyboad/controller as pretty much all sounds have a degree of modulation/variance mapped to velocity input.

Just loaded up. Great tip.

@phillipadsmith said:

@neilbaldwin said:

Just loaded up. Great tip.

Phillip: did you get the updated version with the Kits in? First time using Gumroad and so I'm not sure if the updated version is the one you get when you purchase.

phillipadsmithphillipadsmith United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 89

@neilbaldwin said:
    Phillip: did you get the updated version with the Kits in? First time using Gumroad and so I'm not sure if the updated version is the one you get when you purchase.

Yep, sure did.

BolganiBolgani SuomiPosts: 61

Hi, thanks for this pack, as we discussed earlier in another thread I'm planning to add synth support for Delugeator and you just gave me exactly what I needed: a whole load of example source material to work with. :)

It actually even now works up to level, kits (and synths) are loaded in without crashes, but of course it has no idea how to display an oscillator of type 'sine' and probably misses out all the synth parameters if you try to save the kit. But it's a start...

@Bolgani said:
    Hi, thanks for this pack, as we discussed earlier in another thread I'm planning to add synth support for Delugeator and you just gave me exactly what I needed: a whole load of example source material to work with. :)

It actually even now works up to level, kits (and synths) are loaded in without crashes, but of course it has no idea how to display an oscillator of type 'sine' and probably misses out all the synth parameters if you try to save the kit. But it's a start...

Nice!

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

@neilbaldwin Thanks for your work man. I've been understanding drum synthesis way more thanks to you. This pack is great and very interesting to explore. Well worth the 10€.

@neilbaldwin Thanks for your work man. I've been understanding drum synthesis way more thanks to you. This pack is great and very interesting to explore. Well worth the 10€.

LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

Hey there, I got this pack but I Don't believe I have gotten notice of an update. how do I get this?

@Ljk said:
    Hey there, I got this pack but I Don't believe I have gotten notice of an update. how do I get this?

Thanks for your support, much appreciated! If your download contained a KITS folder then you have the latest version. The update was for early customers who didn't get the KITS folder. Let me know if you don't have that version.

@MatthewGeorge said:

Amazing, that's great feedback, thank you! I'd like to put something out that explains some of the techniques I used. There's quite a few little 'hacks' in those sounds that might not be obvious to the casual observer, especially using the two filter modes in combination with EQ and multi-layering of Envelope modulation. Probably needs a video but I'm struggling for time at the moment.

staubistaubi Erlangen/GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 62
    edited May 2021

I agree. The pack is a great buy and contains a lot of interesting sounds that can be used not only for drums <3
    Just FYI: I purchased the pack an hour ago and received a confirmation mail plus a second mail 1 minute later announcing the update which somehow lead me to the new link

Post edited by staubi on

Brass side of life: JTK

@staubi said:
    I agree. The pack is a great buy and contains a lot of interesting sounds that can be used not only for drums <3
    Just FYI: I purchased the pack an hour ago and received a confirmation mail plus a second mail 1 minute later announcing the update which somehow lead me to the new link

Thanks @staubi, much appreciated! πŸ™πŸ»

Yes, the sounds have much more scope than just drums because they are essentially pitched instruments (most of them anyway) with the tuning focus around middle C (C4). Once you start going outside of C4 you can get a ton of interesting stuff, some by design, some by accident. Especially the FMxx ones - there is a lot more to explore there if you want to tweak the sounds as small parameter variation can have a strong effect on the sound. Also plug in a MIDI keyboard as there is a lot of (sometimes strong, sometimes subtle) Velocity modulation going on to add a bit more character/animation to some sounds.

igghibuigghibu ItalyPosts: 4

thank you so much for this quality pack! I'm always looking to use as few samples as possible and drums were the bulk of it. Looking forward to an expansion pack or Drumuge V2 now!!!

@igghibu said:
    thank you so much for this quality pack! I'm always looking to use as few samples as possible and drums were the bulk of it. Looking forward to an expansion pack or Drumuge V2 now!!!

Oh don't worry, I've got plenty more up my sleeve. For this first release I was just testing the water a bit as I've never sold anything on Gumroad before. Now I understand it a bit more I'm confident it going forward.

robrainrobrain CanadaBeta Tester Posts: 8

Just bought the sounds - thanks for this work.

Now, with my UI/UX/accessibility hat on - your colour choice on the Gumroad page is a little suboptimal. Interesting to look at, less cool for reading. Obviously not a deal-breaker.

broughtonfilmbroughtonfilm New YorkBeta Tester Posts: 69

@neilbaldwin said:

My new sound pack: 160 unique drum sounds using only the Deluge's internal synth engines.

https://gum.co/drumuge

Demo video here. Audio recorded out of my Deluge with no external processing.

Enjoy!

This looks great. So are the kits collections of individual synths? Meaning that each row in the kit is a different synth where you could still access and tweak all its parameters? If so, I did not know it was possible to load existing (in this case created by you) synths into a kit, I thought you could only load an initialized synth.

@robrain said:
    Just bought the sounds - thanks for this work.

Now, with my UI/UX/accessibility hat on - your colour choice on the Gumroad page is a little suboptimal. Interesting to look at, less cool for reading. Obviously not a deal-breaker.

I agree and If i could work out how to change it I certainly would! :smiley:

@broughtonfilm said:

This looks great. So are the kits collections of individual synths? Meaning that each row in the kit is a different synth where you could still access and tweak all its parameters? If so, I did not know it was possible to load existing (in this case created by you) synths into a kit, I thought you could only load an initialized synth.

The Kits are created with my Python script (you give it a list of Synths and it builds a Kit from the list) - it's currently not possible to load Synths into Kit rows on the Deluge itself.

You can get the script here:

https://github.com/neilbaldwin/skb

I'm currently workng on a GUI version of the same tool. It's just taking me longer that I hope as I'm having to learn Python GUI coding! :blush:

broughtonfilmbroughtonfilm New YorkBeta Tester Posts: 69

@neilbaldwin said:

The Kits are created with my Python script (you give it a list of Synths and it builds a Kit from the list) - it's currently not possible to load Synths into Kit rows on the Deluge itself.

You can get the script here:

https://github.com/neilbaldwin/skb

Ah, I see. Thank you. Will give your kits and the Python scrip a try.

Last chance to get it at the current price - just realised how much I'm losing in Gumroad and PayPal fees (and $ conversion!) so I'm going to put the price up by a couple of $ from tomorrow.

@neilbaldwin Yeah I check all the mod sources. 😁 Some really nice subtle pitch modulation from the velocity on a few patches. I also achieved a nice snare sound by layering a few of your patches, resampling that then slowing the speed of the sample.

LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

@neilbaldwin said:

@Ljk said:

Thanks for your support, much appreciated! If your download contained a KITS folder then you have the latest version. The update was for early customers who didn't get the KITS folder. Let me know if you don't have that version.

Yes I only have the XML files.

@Ljk said:

@neilbaldwin said:

@Ljk said:

Yes I only have the XML files.

Email me info@marmotaudio.co.uk and I'll get you sorted. πŸ‘πŸ»

TOTALTOTAL Posts: 111

Sound really cool. How do they fit into Deluge project structure? A synth per track?

Β«1