Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Copy/paste white clips in arranger

soojookosoojooko UKPosts: 8
edited April 2021 in Deluge Help

Hi. Does anybody know if its possible to copy/paste white clips in the arranger? I know I can convert a white clip to a normal clip by opening the clip in song mode. But sometimes I don't want to create a new clip. I just want to copy the white clip as is - without leaving the arranger.

Post edited by soojooko on

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Best way is to move the clip to song view (hold clip + song button). Then return to arranger and it’ll now have a color that can be placed anywhere in the timeline.
    White clips are otherwise unique and can’t be copied.

edited April 2021

Yep. That's what I've been doing. The reason I ask is that sometimes there's a little fill clip that I only want to use in a couple of places in the arrangement. The Song view can get pretty cluttered with a lot of clips, so I was hoping to not have to add another coloured clip for something that barely features in the arrangement.

Having said that, it's not exactly difficult to convert the white clip to coloured, place an instance of it in the arranger, and convert it back to white again - before deleting the clip. I was just hoping to avoid the extra steps.

No big deal all-in-all. I was just curious more than anything. Regardless, thanks for getting back to me.

Post edited by soojooko on
    IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@soojooko said:
    Yep. That's what I've been doing. The reason I ask is that sometimes there's a little fill clip that I only want to use in a couple of places in the arrangement. The Song view can get pretty cluttered with a lot of clips, so I was hoping to not have to add another coloured clip for something that barely features in the arrangement.

Having said that, it's not exactly difficult to convert the white clip to coloured, place an instance of it in the arranger, and convert it back to white again - before deleting the clip. I was just hoping to avoid the extra steps.

No big deal all-in-all. I was just curious more than anything. Regardless, thanks for getting back to me.

You can add tracks directly to the arranger (press an empty audition pad in arranger), and clips won't show up in song view :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

@Icoustik said:

You can add tracks directly to the arranger (press an empty audition pad in arranger), and clips won't show up in song view :)

I think they’re trying to copy a white clip to another place in the timeline. Like using the same fill twice.

The other way to avoid adding a new clip to song view would be going into the white clip and copying the contents. Then place a new blank white clip where you want and paste into that one.

@Too_Mere said:

@Icoustik said:

I think they’re trying to copy a white clip to another place in the timeline. Like using the same fill twice.

The other way to avoid adding a new clip to song view would be going into the white clip and copying the contents. Then place a new blank white clip where you want and paste into that one.

Oh - of course. I forgot it's possible to copy/paste clip contents. I don't remember off the top of my head how to do this, but I do remember reading it in the manual. That sounds like it could work for me. Thanks for pointing this out!

No problem!
    Just hold learn and press the horizontal knob to copy.
    Hold shift + learn then press horizontal knob to paste.

It will copy all notes within the currently visible time selection. And make sure you paste at the same vertical position and zoom level that you copy with to keep things the same.

edited April 2021

@Too_Mere said:

@Icoustik said:

That's what I was implying - add track to arranger to avoid filling up song view, and copy white clip contents to it.
    That way, it can be used many times without needing to copy each time.

Post edited by Icoustik on

@Icoustik said:

@Too_Mere said:

@Icoustik said:

That's what I was implying - add track to arranger to avoid filling up song view, and copy white clip contents to it.
    That way, it can be used many times without needing to copy each time.

Thanks @Icoustik . Can you elaborate a bit? Reading your post, it sounds like I can get away with not having to copy/paste the white clip contents each time - or am I reading it wrong, and you are basically saying the same thing as @Too_Mere ?

edited April 2021

@soojooko said:

>

Thanks @Icoustik . Can you elaborate a bit? Reading your post, it sounds like I can get away with not having to copy/paste the white clip contents each time - or am I reading it wrong, and you are basically saying the same thing as @Too_Mere ?

Like I said; You can add tracks directly to the arranger (press an empty audition pad in arranger), and the clips won't show up in song view. Then copy your white clip contents to this new arranger track, and then you can use instances of this whenever you want the fill again - without it being in song view, and without copying from the original each time :)

Post edited by Icoustik on