Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Shared Launch Mode issues

HorstmaistaHorstmaista Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 56
edited May 2017 in Deluge Help

If I am reading the manual correctly, I can use the 'Shared' mode to have my drum sequence playing and only switch my lead/bass sections - right?
This doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe I'm missing something. So here is what I'm doing (after starting an empty scene):

• new synth track 1 (blue section), add notes
  • clone track 1 => track 2 (purple section)
  • add drum track 3
  • shift + section until track 3 is yellow (own section)
  • press track 3's section button until Infi blinks, turn left to make it shared
  • press the purple (track 2) section button
    result: track 1 and track 3 stop
    shouldn't track 3 keep playing no matter what happens, as it's set to be shared and has its own section?
    What am I missing?
Post edited by Horstmaista on

Comments

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi Horstmaista! You just need to set tracks/sections 1 and 2 to shared (in this particular situation, track 3 doesn't need to be shared, but it could be). The sharing feature just means that the section you launch won't affect other sections, whereas ordinarily it would. Hope that helps :) Let me know how you get on!

HorstmaistaHorstmaista Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 56
    edited May 2017

Hmmmmmm, somehow it would be more logical to me, if it was the other way around. The drum part is the one track which is being shared - right? So why not just tell the drum part that its shared and all other track work the same way as always? Otherwise I have to tell all other tracks to be shared.
    Also later for building a song it would make more sense to me, as I could tell my instrument tracks how often they play (and the drum track would just continue through).
    Maybe add an option in the settings? 'invert shared'?
    Thanks for the quick reply Sam though!

Post edited by Horstmaista on