Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Condenser Mic on the Deluge

YwenYwen Paris, FrancePosts: 21
edited April 2021 in Deluge Help

Hi! I'd like to record via my Steinberg ST-M01 mic on the Deluge,
from what I understand, the Deluge can't provide it the +48V it needs. I'm sort of newbie when it comes to mics, and I've only ever used it with its dedicated audio interface (the UR22).
I understand I need to buy some phantom power box, but I'm looking for something that can be as portable as the Deluge.
Would a XVive P1 ( https://www.xviveaudio.com/p1-portable-phantom-power-supply-p0085.html ) and a XLR -> mini jack cable do the trick?
Or would I need some extra mic preamp between the XVive P1 and the Deluge?

Post edited by Ywen on

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

I'm using a tascam dr100 mk2 for that. Any fieldrecorder with XLR works, you can use the headphone jack as an output. Plus you have a pair of stereo mics at hand that you can use as well.

Yeah, I've looked into field recorders, but the phantom power box option seemed much cheaper (6x cheaper than the tascam to be exact ^^, okay I know there are cheaper ones).

edited April 2021

Also it's not super clear which field recorders provide phantom power and which do not. It seems most of the sellers only show whether they have an XLR input and that's all.

Post edited by Ywen on