β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Booting up to Keyboard View (Bricked!)

scubisnaksscubisnaks United StatesPosts: 6
edited April 2021 in Deluge Help

Hi friends,

I'm a couple weeks into owning the deluge, and I'm absolutely loving it. Unfortunately, I think I bricked it...

I was creating a synth from the starter patch (0). I had gotten down a rabbit hole and didn't quite like where it was going, so I powered off the deluge and powered it on.

Now, whenever I turn the deluge on, it opens straight to Keyboard view with OSC 1 on the screen it opens straight to saving a synth (Screen says 0a), but I can't actually save it. When I hit back, it goes to OSC1. I can back out of the menu, but I cannot get out of keyboard view on this clip. When I go to song view, the clip shows as empty (rainbow row), and I can't save a song, load a song, play the current track. (I can add new clips to the song and have no issues with any of the functionality in those new clips, but still can't play, save, or load).

Should note that this happens with or without the card in. Of course, without the card in, I can't add any new clips, but it still powers on straight to keyboard view with the same issues described above.

I'm currently reformatting the SD, but I am worried that won't solve it, as the issue persisted without the SD card.

Any ideas?

Post edited by scubisnaks on
Tagged:

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Have you tried a factory reset?
    (Press and hold select knob while powering on)

Darn, it looks like I can't even factory reset! Just tried it and it still powers straight to the same view.

Thanks for the tip!

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

Maybe try this:

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@scubisnaks said:
    Darn, it looks like I can't even factory reset! Just tried it and it still powers straight to the same view.

Thanks for the tip!

Sounds like a hardware fault. You should probably fill out this form and get it sorted :)
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeTP-eDaaDOmU4-WRXcVhQIoIBd8bkLC_Up4_Lt1RbYZXA-xQ/viewform

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—

@volsteh, thanks for that tip! I think I was able to identify this as a hardware problem. Seems like several of the buttons on the front panel have stopped working. When I entered test mode, each button press created a basic beep. However, a few of the buttons, including keyboard view, are not creating any beeps. I don't know how that could have happened! :/

@Icoustik, thanks for sharing the troubleshooting form!

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

update the firmware again?

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

update the firmware again?