ā€ŗ
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Capturing seemless audio loops from external midi synths

DstepATLDstepATL Atlanta, GAPosts: 3

Hello,

Have a deluge on the way. Pretty excited. However, Iā€™m curious, and a bit worried, about whether it can capture seemless audio loops from external synths sequenced by the deluge over midi. With the OT, Akai force, Maschine +, I always had gaps at the front of the audio loop, and was never able to capture loops with good timing. Is this possible with the deluge, and what do you all consider the best way to go about this?

Thanks

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I think this function works great with the Deluge. I do this all the time! Latency is virtually nonexistent.
    Just set up a midi clip to sequence the external synth. Then an audio clip to record it. Easy! :-)

DstepATLDstepATL Atlanta, GAPosts: 3

@Too_Mere said:
    I think this function works great with the Deluge. I do this all the time! Latency is virtually nonexistent.
    Just set up a midi clip to sequence the external synth. Then an audio clip to record it. Easy! :-)

Thank you!

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem! šŸ‘šŸ¼

neddycgoonneddycgoon New ZealandPosts: 21

Yes I do this all the time with my Deluge as well but even if your timing is off on the record it is easy as pie to correct it in arranger mode...I have kept many off timed leads which when positioned to the perfect spot in the arranger sound amazing