Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

odd resampling behaviour

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67

I was trying to mix and master a track using Reaper. I read that to export the tracks from Deluge, one good option was to resample individual tracks in the Arranger mode, and then simply drop them into my DAW.

I tried this, but what I discovered was rather odd behaviour in terms of resampling. Each file had a second (or more) at the beginning, which meant that they weren't lined up correctly in/on the DAW. I'm most surprised to see this 'extra' silence, as when you push shift/record, and then play, the Deluge starts immediately, so why the blank/silence?

So, have I not understood something about resampling in the Deluge, or maybe there's an incompatibility between the DAW and Deluge?

Thanks in advance - joesh

p.s. Eventually, I just recorded each track with a count in, but even that produced some odd results, which I'll check again later and maybe post something else, or write directly to Synthstrom to ask what's happening.

Tagged:

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I think the problem is that you were pressing shift. Shift + record instantly starts resampling, which is recording the silence before you press play.
    What you should do is press and hold record and then play (no shift). This begins resampling at the same moment playback starts.

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67
    edited April 2021

Okay, that's it. I'll try that out, I reread the manual a little earlier thinking there must be something I'd missed.

Thanks for the explanation, brilliant.

Post edited by joesh on
    Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem 👍🏼