Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

SD Card won't let me delete files off of it (Mac)

bionicalbionical New ZealandPosts: 5

When I drag a bunch of song files (that I've backed up)/samples into the bin on my Mac and go to empty it, I get the error message "“id=6905087.17” can’t be opened right now because it’s being used by another task, such as moving or copying an item or emptying the Bin. Try again when the current task is complete". No amount of waiting will remedy it.

I'd like to be able to do this kind of file management on my computer instead of manually on the Deluge. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Double check that the write protect switch on the SD card isn’t on. If not, could be a bad card. You should be able to do what you’re describing.

DiscotekDiscotek USAPosts: 5

@bionical said:
    When I drag a bunch of song files (that I've backed up)/samples into the bin on my Mac and go to empty it, I get the error message "“id=6905087.17” can’t be opened right now because it’s being used by another task, such as moving or copying an item or emptying the Bin. Try again when the current task is complete". No amount of waiting will remedy it.

I'd like to be able to do this kind of file management on my computer instead of manually on the Deluge. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I just got my Deluge. I threw a folder of some samples to test the process and saved a kit. Now, I cannot delete off the SD card. Any recommendations from anyone on how to delete the files? Thank you

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I just got my Deluge. I threw a folder of some samples to test the process and saved a kit. Now, I cannot delete off the SD card. Any recommendations from anyone on how to delete the files? Thank you

Are you sure the lock switch on the SD cars isn’t on?

bionicalbionical New ZealandPosts: 5

Forgot to tie up a loose end on this one. As it turns out, the SD card reader is just getting old and useless :D