Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

AFTERTOUCH?

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

I know MPE is potentially on it's way to a Deluge near you, but for now, I need a bit of basic insight.

I just bought a Novation Launchpad X to use as a velocity sensitive controller for the Deluge (using a USB/MIDI Host, as the 'X' does not have a dedicated MIDI connector).

Playing the deluge with velocity immediately makes it feel like a much more professional and expressive synth...My only question: Can someone tell me how to program the Deluge so that it responds to Aftertouch? (I am hoping that there may be some sort of Global setting, so I don't have to go in and edit all my patches)

Excuse my ignorance - happy for any insight you can offer

;0)

Comments

LegsMechanicalLegsMechanical United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 49

You gotta edit it he individual patch. After touch is a mod source. Doesn’t really make sense to assign it globally since unlike velocity (which traditionally controls relative note volume and or cutoff) aftertouch doesn’t really have any set parameter destination (though lfo depth/vibrato is a pretty common one)

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

@LegsMechanical said:
    You gotta edit it he individual patch. After touch is a mod source. Doesn’t really make sense to assign it globally since unlike velocity (which traditionally controls relative note volume and or cutoff) aftertouch doesn’t really have any set parameter destination (though lfo depth/vibrato is a pretty common one)

Thanks so much.....I probably should have taken a few minutes to look closely before posting, but I appreciate your insight all the same!