Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

RetroKits RK006 hook up

MajorMajor United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 3

Hi

Has anyone hooked the deluge up to any RetroKits Midi hubs of any description like the RK006? Interested to see how you have it set up especially with a midi controller or two. Like for example what plugs into the deluge Usb port?

Thx

Comments

TobiasTobias GermanyPosts: 1

Hey,

Before the latest Update 3.1, i used the RK 006 as a Midi Host And Hub, because i could hookup a USB Hub to it.
    Now i dont need it anymore, i shrink my Set up to Fokus on the Deluge and diffrent setups with it.
    and now i can use a USB hub to hook up Whatever Midi Conntroller to the Deluge.

So I have a USB Hub in the USB port
    of the Deluge with 4 Controllers on it

One thing i found out, the Launchpad Pro is not working with the RK 006 over USB.
    and before 3.1 Deluge didnt worked with the LCXL as a Host

I use the RK 006 now to send the Masterclock from the Kaosspad to the Keystep via USB and to Deluges 5 pin Midi in.
    Oh, and there is 0,5 difference in time between Kaosspad and Deluge.

There are these Guys i think from Brasil they building Costom Midi Controllers.

Would be nice to have an FM Synth with a costmized Controller for the Deluge as I do now With the Launchcontrol XL and Launchpad Pro.
    or maybe just buy a used Digitone : )

cflanncflann USAPosts: 2

@Tobias Are you using a powered USB midi hub? I have had issues with both Korg nanoPads2 and Korg padKontrol over USB. It seems that the Deluge cannot power either of these devices, despite the padKontrol being on the list of supported devices in the forum. Deluge is being powered via usb-9v cable with a standard phone usb-wall connector.

In both cases I get a blinking green light on the Deluge and nothing from the controllers.

padKontrol works fine with 5-pin and self-powered, but it would be nice to have USB as an option as well.