Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Shortcut Diagram

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
edited April 2019 in Deluge Support Content

Download the PDF here
You can buy an overlay for $20USD here: https://synthstrom.com/product/deluge-shortcuts-overlay/

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on

Comments

WendelWendel AmsterdamPosts: 5
    Hi guys, the shortcuts on my Deluge are different than the PDF. I also saw the PDF is different then the overlay.
    Synthstrom has send me a Deluge without shortcuts printed by accident, and im having a hard time figuring out where all the shortcuts are haha

Do you have a PDF with a more current system? It looks like the photo of the overlay are the correct shortcuts but im not shure.

Thanks, loving the groove box already btw...did loads of big gigs on the mc-505's in the late 90's and this is the first machine that comes close to the feeling i had back then....

Wen
    tffshtttffshtt berlinPosts: 53

I'm super stupid, so I would like to print my own overlay with a larger font size so I can see the shortcuts...is the sizing on the pdf fairly exact so that I can have someone print / cut it out and it will fit?

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

Here's one I did using a larger font so I can read it. It's set up for 2xA5 so I could paste it into the notebook I use but I'll do it as one A4 if that's of use to anyone...

Download

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

@tffshtt said:
    I'm super stupid, so I would like to print my own overlay with a larger font size so I can see the shortcuts...is the sizing on the pdf fairly exact so that I can have someone print / cut it out and it will fit?

I'm not sure if I'm 'super' stupid, buy I'm sure that my eyesight is complete shit.
    I'd love to be able to see those shortcuts better, (esp. in a dark environment)

I'm with you

w

symph0nicsymph0nic EverywherePosts: 4

Link is broken for the 'official' one here too.

skrzypskrzyp Kraków, PLPosts: 2

Is there a Pro/"DTP" version of shortcut overlay sheet available, preferably with screws marked on it?

I would like to reproduce the "overlay" on my own, with color-coded regions and larger labels, as I have some sight issues. Not too serious though, but enough to have some problems with reading these tiny labels on original Deluge case.

Of course, I know Inkscape and other vector-based software, so it wouldn't be a problem for me to make a new project based on raw overlay design, and I'll surely contribute it back here for free.

The good thing is that I have a great print-shop literally next door, which does vinyl printing and other uncommon stuff :)

Praemolar24Praemolar24 DeutschlandPosts: 21

Is the QWERTZ overlay downloadable?

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326
    edited September 2019

@muleskinner said:
    Here's one I did using a larger font so I can read it. It's set up for 2xA5 so I could paste it into the notebook I use but I'll do it as one A4 if that's of use to anyone...

Download

Thanks, that's great! normale I use my notebook besides to search the manual and stuff. So I put it in a one pager PNG image, to have it fullscreen available.

Shortcut One Pager Download

Is there an updated version of this super pretty shortcut page?

Post edited by OdoSendaidokai on

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

captainmartscaptainmarts AustraliaPosts: 3

@muleskinner
    Loved the A4 version of this - Thank you! Is there an update for 3.0?

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

I'm gonna do one and one for the QWERTY layout. I've been so busy with work and other stuff recently my Deluge has, sadly, been a bit neglected. Glad some folks are finding this useful.

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

NikoBellantiNikoBellanti Madison, WI Posts: 12

Hey Ian - It would be great to invest in (or crowd fund) a comprehensive, well written manual written by someone with experience in manual writing. I know you guys are hard at work and do your best but reading the manual is almost like having to unlearn while learning. It’s disjointed, doesn’t have a strong convention, info are all over place, things omitted (new manual has no reference anywhere on 200+ pages on how to delete a preset - old manual does, none have it in popular commands reference) some formation incorrect (popular reference to delete song omits [load], shift + Save doesn’t do the job). The manuals are problematic and should not be overlooked as an important issue.

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
    edited March 2021

@NikoBellanti said:
    The manuals are problematic and should not be overlooked as an important issue.

Sorry, just saw this now. Definitely don't want to be involved in another manual from scratch. It was such a massive project and took so much time. The Deluge is so dense we're always going to miss things out or not give enough attention to certain things, the same thing with flow, everybody interprets information in different ways - also trying to balance an explanation of what a process is vs how to action it, is a fine balance.
    I'm really happy with our current manual, though totally appreciate we might have overlooked things/need to bring more attention to other things. I think amending the current one makes way more sense than starting from scratch, I also think Synthdawg did a killer job and it's a beautiful thing.
    I do have a living document of things we're looking to adapt in the next edition, if you have some suggestions (other than those you already noted), your feedback would be very much appreciated!!

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on