β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Occasional no power

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

Twice in the last week I have flicked on the power switch and... nothing.

Possibly related, I observed some strange behaviour during the last charging/use cycle. The red light came on so I plugged it in to charge. Within five minutes the light turned green. I unplugged the USB and used the Deluge from battery for a minute or two before it turned red again. I plugged the USB back in and once again it turned green after a few minutes. This time I left it charging. After an hour it turned yellow as expected, then to green at full charge.

I hoped that this was just a minor one-off glitch, but the no power issue is more concerning. I fear that it might not power on at all one day.

I bought my Deluge in September last year and, while I've probably had over 100 hours of time on it, I wouldn't expect to need a new battery this soon.

That said, I'd much prefer a bad battery over a faulty machine!

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Joe.

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

I had the issue of "no power" too occasionally, from day one of owning it. Recently it hasn't happened anymore. Also, I'm using a different charger now, that could be the reason. You should try a different one.

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

Thanks for the reply Heptagen. It hasn't happened on the last two charge cycles. Here's hoping it was a one-off.

KenoubiKenoubi United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 46

When I charge over USB, sometimes the Deluge light is green, then when I unplug it it immediately or almost immediately goes red. Charging with a step-up adaptor from USB (I've been using this one) the light will go yellow for MUCH longer, and when it finally goes green I get many hours of battery life (I haven't timed it).

Dunno if this means my battery is in marginal condition, or if there's something weird about the Deluge's charging circuitry, or what, but hey, the converter is only $9 and still USB, so you can plug it into the same port you were already using.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

I had a few "no powers" also, charging over usb, but for some time im using a ripcord usb to 9v from myvolts, charging from a powerbank, and since then did not have the issue.
    https://myvolts.co.uk/product/51338/Ripcord_USB_to_9V_DC_power_cable_compatible_with_the_Synthstrom-Audible_Deluge_Synth

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

I think maybe @Ian_Jorgensen will have to address this

~ Distinguished Delugate α••( β—Ž_β—Ž)α•—