Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Different Sample Lengths in same song

mykungfumykungfu Winterthur, SwitzerlandPosts: 2

Hi, I'm new here, nice to meet you!
I'm just toying around with two different versions of a sampled beat for a live performance. When I bounced my two samples out of my Logic Arrangement, I didn't pay attention, that both samples have the same length (one is one bar, the other is two bars). In song mode I already started to get in trouble because I somehow couldn't figure out how to double the length of the 1bar-sample without it time stretching...
What am I doing wrong? Or is it just not possible to double lengths of samples in song mode?
I'm trying to loop a guitar riff with a looping device and there I run into more issues...:-)
I'm not yet familiar with arranger mode, so maybe that would solve my problems?

Best wishes
Domi

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

If it’s only a one bar sample it’ll have to stretch to fill two bars.
    If you just want the one bar sample to play for two bars before looping you can resample it for two bars and use the resulting sample instead.
    Though I’m not sure why that’s preferable to just looping the one bar in song mode.

What issues are you having looping guitar?

mykungfumykungfu Winterthur, SwitzerlandPosts: 2

Alright, resampling, didn't think of that, good idea! Thank you, I'll have to get familiar with that...
    Well, guitarwise I'll just have to get more into it...recording and looping is really delicate with external gear like the rc-500. there's a lot of messing up from my side because it's relatively new to me, I never had a sequencer with song mode before. Are you into looping guitars and stuff with external gear? Or do you even loop guitars into the deluge? I might beg for help soon then :-)

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I do! If you check out my YouTube channel, you’ll see I have a lot of tunes that feature guitar, bass guitar, and other external gear that I loop in.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCnR9j0p9ASp2pR6usJjJ3Rg

Let me know if you have any questions about it :-)