Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

OP-Z performance track / chord track

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

Love the deluge, have been producing with it for a year. Game-changer.

I had an op-z for a couple of weeks. one thing was really cool about it and it's also included in the pocket operators. you can let the beat play and then record a "performance track" which triggers certain effects, like an lfo-stutter, a pitch-shifter and so on. these effects are recorded and can be played back to make fills and beat-breaks very easy and very intuitive. what would be the preferred way of doing this on the deluge?

the same goes for the "chord track" on the op-z. you could record changes in the chord track and all tracks would change their chords in a musical way. i know i can transpose (scale mode>press up down knob and turn) in the deluge, but these changes are permanent. any way to replicate this?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I think the closest options to the performance track you mentioned would be using step or manual automation to momentarily being in various effects or modulations.
    Some things can’t be automated, like stutter, in which case resampling can be used to capture those performances.

There are currently no chord type functions on the Deluge.

Yes automation is nice but triggering these effects is more like "playing"them, which makes it very musical. if one could maybe trigger a macro of automation that would maybe replicate it.

but how?

Only possibility would be midi controllers that can jump to specific values for the effects you want. Launchpad controllers for example, can have momentary CC values that you can specify.

Hm. A bit complicated maybe, but I did find this:

That won’t change CCs like you’re asking but it is a cool trick!