Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Asynchronous looping

Asked this over on Reddit, but figured I'd ask here as well. Is there a way to record loops into the looper that are running at different lengths and not tied to any tempo? I've always loved recording loops of different lengths and speeds and having them interact in different ways. Would be cool if I could do that on the Deluge. Thanks!

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

The looper in song mode does try to close loops at the nearest measure or multiple of the current zoom level.
    But you can edit the length of the clips to be any length, down to your current display resolution (128th notes by default)
    You can also record directly into the arranger which will quantize your clip length to whatever zoom level you’re at. 128th is pretty small but you can go smaller if you change settings.
    And you could then move those clips to song view and they’d all be different lengths

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Come to think of it, you can also use a zoom level of 128th in song mode and it’ll also close loops at smaller intervals.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@blindcinema said:
    Asked this over on Reddit, but figured I'd ask here as well. Is there a way to record loops into the looper that are running at different lengths and not tied to any tempo? I've always loved recording loops of different lengths and speeds and having them interact in different ways. Would be cool if I could do that on the Deluge. Thanks!

You can in fact close loops at whatever point by using shift+mutepad (close loop) just like shift+mute can mute/unmute at any time :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Nice, I'll check these out. Thanks!

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@blindcinema said:
    Nice, I'll check these out. Thanks!

No prob :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ