Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Strange error: Deluge + PGM changes to Blofeld and Korg ESX

faux_chateaufaux_chateau New ZealandBeta Tester Posts: 8

Here's a really fun head scratcher :)

Deluge is the master clock for multiple pieces of gear, and I am having intermittent success making PGM changes.

First problem is using PGM changes from Deluge to change to different multi banks on a Waldorf Blofeld. It worked with no problems; in song mode I would send note information and PGM to choose which bank to play on the Blofeld. I would then change clips in the Deluge and it would select the respective bank on the Blofeld. It was great! Thirty minutes later this function no longer works, despite multiple resets, midi panic button being hit, trying this on completely new songs/banks on both machines and even switching midi channels.

But there's more!

I'm having a similar but different problem sending PGM changes from the Deluge to a Korg ESX1. I send PGM changes to select patches/patterns on the ESX. It works, but then occassionally does not, and the fix requires me to reprogram a new PGM change (sort of like a reset of the process).

Anyone else using the Deluge for PGM changes? Any tips? Forum hunting has yielded nothing.

Am on latest Deluge firmware 1.5

Thanks!

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I just tried testing PGM change messages and I’m not having any issues.
    Do you mean firmware 3.1.5 or are you on old firmware?

faux_chateaufaux_chateau New ZealandBeta Tester Posts: 8

Hmm yeah, it might frustratingly be the external bits of kit that are the problem.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Seems that way. Good luck!