Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge Not Recording

Hello! I am getting very familiar and comfortable with my Deluge, but for some reason I cannot get it to save something I have coming in through the line in. I choose stereo as the input, arm the track for recording, press record and then play. I see the waveform as the unit recognizes the audio coming in. But when I press the record button to turn off recording, nothing ever saves. I play it back and nothing has been recorded it seems. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited March 2021

You have to actually close the audio clip loop recording. This is done by pressing the clip's mute pad (or using the LOOP midi command) - not with rec button. Its expected behaviour that a recording is deleted if it is canceled before the loop has an end :)

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Thank you!

FollFoll UKPosts: 1

I'm having exactly the same problem! I occasionally get something to stick, then next time I struggle.
    So the loop has to end first...... I was sure it was but perhaps I'd set the record mode incorrectly when messing around.
    Got some sampling to try tonight so hopefully can crack it by the time that's finished! Thanks.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@Foll said:
    I'm having exactly the same problem! I occasionally get something to stick, then next time I struggle.
    So the loop has to end first...... I was sure it was but perhaps I'd set the record mode incorrectly when messing around.
    Got some sampling to try tonight so hopefully can crack it by the time that's finished! Thanks.

You just gotta use the right command to end/ close the loop :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

vegabragavegabraga PanamaBeta Tester Posts: 2

Hello, I have a similar question, in my case I push the mute button to close the loop, but it just keep playing and the mute button blinking as if waiting to close the loop, but it never does. it goes beyond the length of previous tracks and never stops. of course if I hit the rec button it does no save anything. Thanks in advance!

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

@vegabraga said:
    Hello, I have a similar question, in my case I push the mute button to close the loop, but it just keep playing and the mute button blinking as if waiting to close the loop, but it never does. it goes beyond the length of previous tracks and never stops. of course if I hit the rec button it does no save anything. Thanks in advance!

This can happen if the audio clip is already at a longer length, either from undoing a previous long recording or from creating the audio clip at a large zoom level.
    Try shortening the length of the clip before recording or just create a new audio clip at 16th/8th zoom level.

vegabragavegabraga PanamaBeta Tester Posts: 2

Thank you very much!

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem👍🏼

I'm attempting to record 16 bars of audio via Ster. source. I create new project, set up a stereo source. I can monitor fine, track is record enabled in Song view, and I can see the audio being recorded. I press the track's respective "Mute/Launch" button to stop the recording after the start of bar 16, at which point the recorded audio disappears.

I follow the same steps and am able to record 8 bars alright. I tried extending the initial length of the clip to be 16 bars but not able to record the audio.

Thanks for anyone's insight and guidance!