Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Tempo syncing with external gear

AllfxAllfx AustraliaPosts: 11

Hey guys,

What is the trick with getting the delly to sync tempos with external gear? I have the timeclock and the midi clock set to "on" and its all connected via mid. The channels seem to line up but I can never get any response.

I am trying to get this to work with my Boss GT-1000 core so that I can have my slicer, tremolo and delays in time.

Any help would be amazing thanks!!!!

Comments

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

Did you put midi in and out to on ? Or maybe set Rx (or Tx) startstop on the boss on.
    I've tried it here and it works.

AllfxAllfx AustraliaPosts: 11

Note to future troubleshooters: The cheap midi cables sold online do not have the same conductor arrangement as the proper boss ones. I had to break out the soldering iron and make my own but if you can buy the boss ones where you are then do that. Also for some reason the tempo output from the deluge is on midi channel 10. According to the boss rep most drum machines output like this and if you want their products to sync properly with it that is what you need to set it to receive on. Good luck, dont give up.