Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

3.2 Firmware Tease (Wavetable)

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
edited February 2021 in News

Time to soon dust off that Wavetable shortcut on your Deluge :)

Still no release date for 3.2, haha, "soon".
Another big feature tease in a week's time. Subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/SynthstromAudible

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on

Comments

FASTFAST CaliforniaPosts: 47

This is major! Thanks, guys!

nilscreatesnilscreates nelson, nzBeta Tester Posts: 29

🤤

AutomaticFormAutomaticForm United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 12

woohoo!

hacksnakehacksnake chinaPosts: 12

This is really cool!

BaddaddyBaddaddy South ElginBeta Tester Posts: 19

That’s amazing! It is so amazing to see how much investment and love has, and is being put into this instrument. You guys seriously rock.

RedpandaRedpanda BerlinPosts: 21

Pandalicious!

sparkysparky California USABeta Tester Posts: 4

Fantastic!

SanktDSanktD Beta Tester Posts: 9

Question, will wavetable controls be mappable to X and Y parameters and other MPE settings? Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. Looking forward to Deluge MPE and LinnStrument!!!

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

@SanktD said:
    Question, will wavetable controls be mappable to X and Y parameters and other MPE settings? Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. Looking forward to Deluge MPE and LinnStrument!!!

you'll need to wait until we reveal everything, but I'm confident everybody will be very happy with what's on offer with both wavetable and MPE.

SanktDSanktD Beta Tester Posts: 9

Must....be....patient...
    Thanks for the teaser, Ian!

KenoubiKenoubi United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 46

Thank you for spending some time on the synth engine. The Deluge has been an amazing sequencer since I got it (around 2.0 or 2.1 days), but the synth engine (although still much better than it could be, due mainly to patching) is where I most often want to do things but can't figure out how. Any "SOON" features that you can change into "now available" are greatly appreciated; wavetables should increase flexibility a lot.

By the way... while you're working on the synth engine, would you please consider at least optionally showing the synth parameters (such as envelope attack and decay or filter cutoff) in "real" units like milliseconds and hertz instead of the arbitrary 0-50 scale? I think this should be a tiny amount of code, but it would be a huge help towards reproducing a sound on the Deluge that you know how to make in a software synth or vice versa, in addition to just giving you a clearer idea what you're actually doing.

Thanks! Looking forward to 3.2!

TobdolyTobdoly Grenoble - FranceBeta Tester Posts: 10

@Kenoubi said:

By the way... while you're working on the synth engine, would you please consider at least optionally showing the synth parameters (such as envelope attack and decay or filter cutoff) in "real" units like milliseconds and hertz instead of the arbitrary 0-50 scale? I think this should be a tiny amount of code, but it would be a huge help towards reproducing a sound on the Deluge that you know how to make in a software synth or vice versa, in addition to just giving you a clearer idea what you're actually doing.

I voted up for having « real » values : Hz, ms, 1/4 1/6 1/8 etc it would be an huge help for sound design

torgatorga LisbonPosts: 19

@Kenoubi said:
    Thank you for spending some time on the synth engine. The Deluge has been an amazing sequencer since I got it (around 2.0 or 2.1 days), but the synth engine (although still much better than it could be, due mainly to patching) is where I most often want to do things but can't figure out how. Any "SOON" features that you can change into "now available" are greatly appreciated; wavetables should increase flexibility a lot.

yep, this always nice to have in a synth or any fx, but i guess that with 128 possible values for each parameter \ knob the deluge will jump from 1 ms to 4 ms in one step, or from 5000hz to 5300 hz in one step. it wont look good and it shows how stepped the value scaling is, but it would be very cool to have.

KenoubiKenoubi United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 46

@torga said:

@Kenoubi said:

yep, this always nice to have in a synth or any fx, but i guess that with 128 possible values for each parameter \ knob the deluge will jump from 1 ms to 4 ms in one step, or from 5000hz to 5300 hz in one step. it wont look good and it shows how stepped the value scaling is, but it would be very cool to have.

The Deluge file format actually represents the parameters with crazy high precision (I've looked at the XML) and during playback, it does respect the actual values there; it only quantizes to 50 possible values when you turn the knob (or 128 if you're using MIDI since that's what MIDI control change messages support). So there'd actually be no need to have big jumps; letting you dial things in to extreme precision would just be exposing capabilities the Deluge already has.

(To keep from totally derailing this thread, let's have any further discussion about this on my other post at http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/2299/more-precise-accurate-parameter-control#latest. I just posted here because I figured hey, the synth engine pretty much hasn't been touched since I got the Deluge; maybe a fairly small change like this with potentially huge impact can be rolled in while the synth engine is getting some changes and will need more testing to verify those anyway.)