β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Saturation scaling

I use saturation on almost all my patches, but I never go higher than 6. A small amount is an amazing mixing tool.

It feels like the scaling is logarithmic. I would love it if there were more increments between 0 and where 6 is currently.

Thanks!

Comments

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

I think that most of the time 2 is already too much, but 1 too little.

DiamondEyesDiamondEyes Maidenhead, UKPosts: 39

yep, same here... has a nice flavor but agree with the non-linear(?) scaling. Sometimes use it with the drive filter.

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

@djAzid said:
    I think that most of the time 2 is already too much, but 1 too little.

Agreed. Somewhere around 1.3 could be sold as a premium vintage tape warmth VST!

@DiamondEyes said:
    yep, same here... has a nice flavor but agree with the non-linear(?) scaling. Sometimes use it with the drive filter.

I don't use the drive filter anywhere near enough. Thanks for the reminder.

One way to get more nuance out of the saturation is to lower the volume of the oscillators. But it's not ideal.

The decimation effect scales a little more sensibly, very subtle between 0 and 10. Bitcrush is the opposite, but both of those feel like effects where you want to radically change the character of the sound. Saturation is where I'm craving subtlety.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

@Alder_Dice said:

@DiamondEyes said:

I don't use the drive filter anywhere near enough. Thanks for the reminder.

One way to get more nuance out of the saturation is to lower the volume of the oscillators. But it's not ideal.

The decimation effect scales a little more sensibly, very subtle between 0 and 10. Bitcrush is the opposite, but both of those feel like effects where you want to radically change the character of the sound. Saturation is where I'm craving subtlety.

Agree

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

the55the55 pdx, or, usPosts: 5

maybe this could have a [shift + adjust] for decimal amounts?

@the55 said:
    maybe this could have a [shift + adjust] for decimal amounts?

That would be ideal. It would preserve the setting in old songs too.