Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Is MPE support still planned?

rustyjawrustyjaw CA, USAPosts: 14

I know MPE was planned originally as part of Firmware 3, but it's yet to materialize. Now that we have teases for the next OS, it seems MPE is not being mentioned. Maybe I missed some official announcement about it, but I'm curious if it is still expected. Honestly, I'd be pretty happy with just aftertouch recording/transmitting, if not full blown MPE. Is there any news about aftertouch in general from Synthstrom?

Comments

HerwrHerwr New ZealandBeta Tester Posts: 9

+1 for MPE, My Linnstrument is sitting next to my Deluge and although they can still 'play' together now, it wants a 'full on' relationship

BaddaddyBaddaddy South ElginBeta Tester Posts: 19

Just joined the forum for some pre-sales information. in 2023 I’m starting an art project of riding a bicycle around the world and creating music to share in interesting or emotionally evocative ways. I’m in the process of really honing in my kit built around the Linnstrument. I REALL REALLY REALLY want to use the Deluge for this! hehe. (I’m gonna buy anyway, it solves a lot of my live performance problems, but having a good way to navigate utilizing Multi Channel polyphonic on this machine would be absolutely perfect..) Crossing my fingers too! just wanted to add my voice to this topic. hehe.

tomsentomsen Beta Tester Posts: 13
    edited January 2021

Last announcement of MPE happened in the last update mail they did send, the one where they also mentioned the increase in price. So MPE will happen pretty surely, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be part of the next update. Guess there will be some more 3.x versions. But I would imagine that it happens this year. I'll get an expressive e osmose in the upcoming months and pretty stoked about deluge mpe support. We'll see : )

Post edited by tomsen on
    rustyjawrustyjaw CA, USAPosts: 14

@tomsen said:
    Last announcement of MPE happened in the last update mail they did send, the one where they also mentioned the increase in price. So MPE will happen pretty surely, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be part of the next update. Guess there will be some more 3.x versions. But I would imagine that it happens this year. I'll get an expressive e osmose in the upcoming months and pretty stoked about deluge mpe support. We'll see : )

Ah, thank you! Somehow I missed the MPE mention in that announcement. Glad to see it’s still being worked on!