Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Map all kit rows (in one user shorcut) to a midi keyboard so each sound is triggered by a key

MonitusMonitus SpainBeta Tester Posts: 24

Hi,
I see that in some DAWs or other hardware like the OP-1 or in iOS apps like Drambo you can load a bunch of samples and then play those with your midi keyboard, being each sound mapped to a different key of the keyboard.

it would be cool to be able to map kit rows in the deluge that way. Say you "Load all" in a folder of samples. Then you "Learn" the whole keyboard from an starting key so kit row 0 is the key you selected (say C3), kit row 1 is D#3, kit row 2 is D3, and so on.

Implementation could be: hold Learn and the audition pad of some kit row, press a key of your keyboard and hold the note for 3 seconds. Deluge can directly map all kit rows above that one with subsequent semitones from the same midi device, or it can ask for confirmation like "MAP ALL?"

Thanks!

Comments

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

That's called multisamples and is already implemented.

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

yeah it is kinda tedious constantly mapping all your pads in kits. Maybe if you hold two rows instead of 1 the entire view could be learned to sequential notes starting at the key you hit to learn the pads. if you could map 8 at a time it would be way more efficient but still pretty flexible.

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57

I fully support OP suggestion (and I think the reply above is mistaken, this is different to multisamples unless you're using multisamples in some very weird way to sort of force a hidden kit into synth sample instruments).

manysoundsmanysounds The GunksBeta Tester Posts: 43

This would be amazing.
    “Map all rows with samples?” Or “Map (X) keys?” with a chosen number.
    Wouldn’t want it to fly off and map all 127 notes to blank rows 😬