Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge with Pro Tools

timmy0808timmy0808 United StatesPosts: 11

Has anyone used protools midi out to trigger the deluge to play? I am trying to record my synth tracks independent of each other into protools without having to press play on both pro tools and the deluge. Does this make sense? I just want the tracks to line up perfectly in protools without having to adjust the clips on the timeline.

Comments

yurko_uayurko_ua KharkivPosts: 2

Yes. From Pro Tools to midi works great. You need to set synchronization in the Pro tool settings. See menu Setup - Midi - Midi beat clock

@yurko_ua said:
    Yes. From Pro Tools to midi works great. You need to set synchronization in the Pro tool settings. See menu Setup - Midi - Midi beat clock

Thank you! I must have overlooked a couple steps in the pro tools set up. I enabled the beat clock and configured the correct port on my interface and it worked like a charm!

@yurko_ua said:

One other thing about setting up the external clock with the deluge. I am playing with it now and my external synths sound fine, but the onboard synth with the deluge sounds rough. The built in delay in the deluge that I have on my patches doesn't seem to sync to the clock. Have you had this problem? The synths sound warbled.

yurko_uayurko_ua KharkivPosts: 2

What type of delay are you using?

@yurko_ua said:
    What type of delay are you using?

Just the deluge onboard delay. It’s also not completely syncing with the deluge midi notes. It seems like the sync is off a little. I wrote a song on the deluge at 119 bpm and used an onboard deluge synth (which sounds normal when the deluge is the clock/master). But when I sync it and execute it from protools using the same bpm, the onboard synth from the deluge sounds off. It almost sounds like the bpm is fluctuating and not at a constant 119. I tried it with several deluge synth patches and it’s the same across the board. Not sure what to do. Any idea? Thanks!