Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Finally there is standalone non-computer DAW [NI Maschine+]

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-plus/
All in one standalone device.

So the market started moving, we have Deluge, Roland MC707, AkaiPro MPC One and now NI Maschine+.
There is rumors about Behringer JAM https://www.synthanatomy.com/2020/05/behringer-teases-jam-groovebox-wants-to-conquer-the-dj-music-production-market-1.html I do not know if it is going to be All in one or not.

Nice news.
So Deluge needs some new strategy I think. Maybe Deluge 2? With possibility to develop 3d party plugins both for synth and fx.

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Dude. Synthstrom isn't like those big companies. They are not in a rush :)
    People have been asking for a "Deluge 2" for some time. And Synthstrom has stated that they are not interested in making another hardware device before they've polished what we already have to the utmost.
    They don't want to be a company with multiple devices just to sell more, or putting out mk2's before the mk1's have all their bugs sorted out etc. etc.
    There's ONE developer only. He wants to focus on one thing at a time, and master what already is before trying to make something new.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

There is a fine line between a DAW and a box with a lot of the headaches of a DAW but with a smaller screen just for the sake of “Dawless” and from the looks of it this new Maschine looks too similar to that to me. Maybe I’m wrong though.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@magneticum said:
    So Deluge needs some new strategy I think. Maybe Deluge 2? With possibility to develop 3d party plugins both for synth and fx.

For me the Deluge is more about being an alternative to the concepts used by NI, Ableton, Akai or Roland.
    In my mind all mentioned gear is not very original, Deluge competition is for me gear that is off the beaten track. Not a bad or good thing, and not because “those big companies” are so evil and Synthstrom is so ethical. just what is more fun for me.

People have been asking for a "Deluge 2" for some time. And Synthstrom has stated that they are not interested in making another hardware device before they've polished what we already have to the utmost.
    They don't want to be a company with multiple devices just to sell more, or putting out mk2's before the mk1's have all their bugs sorted out etc. etc.
    There's ONE developer only. He wants to focus on one thing at a time, and master what already is before trying to make something new.

Thanks for the official confirmation there are no plans to discontinue the Deluge anytime soon.
    If u say polish what we already have, it sounds for me Rohan is too busy with bugfixes and there are no big new features ahead. I hope the already announced features (export song to individual wavs, wavetable synth, x/y mod, ..) are still somewhere in the pipeline. A bit more transparency about the development would be cool, however, for me transparency was never Synthstroms style and I am ok with that. It feeds the myth. Just please dont do shallow, pseudo transparency, thats already the style of “those big companies”.

About mk2, do you mean Elektron gear? I have some issues with Elektrons but their Mk1/Mk2 thing is well okay for me (OT, AR). Really just a hardware upgrade and the Mk1 versions are still supported with most features, never felt they force me to buy the Mk2’s. I d be a happy paying customer for new Synthstrom hardware, and, yes, I already got 2 Deluges. But I can live with another 3y. of free updates 😜

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

@amiga909 said:

there are no big new features ahead.

I don't think that was implied at all. More that they don't want to launch anything new until they have completed their vision for this device, but maybe @Icoustik can confirm what he meant to be sure.

bleurghbleurgh Sydney, AustraliaBeta Tester Posts: 26

Yes. Maschine+ is finally here. It’s not battery operated and so underwhelming that I immediately bought a Deluge instead. Very happy with that decision.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

To me personally maschine+ and mpc's look like a computer with a small screen, which is what I wanted to get away from. The best thing about the deluge for me is that it doesn't have a screen... plugins... it's simple yet complicated :)

🅽🅾🆅🅸🅲🅴 🅳🅴🅻🆄🅶🅸🅾🅽🅸🆂🆃?

SiccaViccASiccaViccA OsakaPosts: 68

@volsteh said:
    To me personally maschine+ and mpc's look like a computer with a small screen, which is what I wanted to get away from. The best thing about the deluge for me is that it doesn't have a screen... plugins... it's simple yet complicated :)

LOVE THE DELUGE .. BUT I HAVE TO SAY THE MPC'S are nothing like a small screen daw in a box .. i love my MPC live too .. together they work really well .. and have very different concepts and work flows .. i bleav the guy above was right though .. most of us with the deluge wanted to escape from the over marketed and underwhelming products out there .. the deluge has made me think deeper and focus on being a creative programmer again .. which im truly grateful for . when i began programming back in 1982 with my Boss Dr55 it had not screen // n most the synths from that time too also had no screens .. how ever this is the forst screenless piece of gear ice had that has grown with menwhile pushing me to grow , i love the wide uses it has and the various styles me and pther do with it ..
    i dont bleav any1 has out grown the deluge yet and if thay have .. s¥just hold tight untill the next major firmware upgrade and more user content to inspire you .. and lets support the team that builds these "lil bad boy Boxes" instead of pushing them to move on and abanded us & this unit,,
    Peace ya'll ,

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@SiccaViccA said:
    i dont bleav any1 has out grown the deluge yet and if thay have .. s¥just hold tight untill the next major firmware upgrade and more user content to inspire you .. and lets support the team that builds these "lil bad boy Boxes" instead of pushing them to move on and abanded us & this unit,,
    Peace ya'll ,

well said.