Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Gold Knob Tracking Issues

Elialehman1Elialehman1 United StatesPosts: 8

The lower gold knob doesn’t track properly when increasing/decreasing a selected effect level. That is, when I am turning the knob, the effect value will not seamlessly track up or down ( as represented in the accompanied LED lights) but rather the knob’s value sluggishly jitters in the general direction it is dialed. Because if this knob malfunction, it is somewhat of a painstaking process to simply dial in the desired effect level, due to the fact that the knob has to be coaxed into the desired position, or turned “just right” otherwise the parameter value uselessly skitters a hair’s breath up or down to undesirable ends.

1) DO I NEED TO SEND AWAY MY DELUGE IN ORDER TO HAVE IT FIXED?

2) IS THIS A ISSUE WITH THE KNOBS CONNECTION TO THE CIRCUIT BOARD?

3) IS THERE ANY FIX I CAN DO WITHOUT PARTING WITH MY UNIT?

4) IF I HAVE TO SEND IT OFF, WHO AND WHERE PRECISELY DO I SEND IT TO?

5) COST?

Thank you for your help.

Elia Lehman

Best Answers

Answers

Thanks bruva

I have a soldering iron and lead free solder, so I think I can handle the fix...however, the fact that the solder is lead free (likely different than the rest of the solder used in the making of the machine) wouldn’t be an issue, right? I assume its identical in conductivity. Is there anything else in particular I should be aware of in fixing this...besides nullifying the warranty?

Thanks,

EL