Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Turn deluge song to song on daw?

chrismlorenchrismloren pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3

I don't know how to word this, really. But is there a way to write a song on the deluge, and then send the midi information to my daw (fl studio 20) so that the same parts are being played as I wrote them, but using vsts and drums in my daw instead of the deluge instruments? I hope that makes sense.

Comments

Mr_ForkMr_Fork North DakotaPosts: 59

I thought I had seen a post on importing and exporting the midi information but I couldn't find it. The idea being you could use midi tracks created elsewhere in the deluge or take the midi from the deluge and use it elsewhere. If I'm understanding you right then I agree this would be handy but there isn't a way to export it as a file to be used that I'm aware of.

Here is a way you can get the midi information to your daw even without the export feature. I don't use FL so I'm not sure this will translate 100% but the concept should be similar (this is what I do in ableton).

• Make sure you have your deluge attached via midi to your computer either by USB or midi din (I'm not sure what your setup looks like). If using midi din make sure you have the cable in "Midi out" on the deluge and midi in on the computer/laptop.
    • Open the track you want to export in the deluge and select "Midi" right next to "Kit" on the deluge. The number on the screen will be the midi channel you are sending on.
    • In your DAW create a midi track.
    • In your midi settings either select the deluge as an import source (if available) or the input source of your midi din (in my case it would be the midi in on my scarlett audio interface) and select the midi channel you chose on the deluge. You could keep it on "All Channels" but depending on what you have set up in your other tracks this may cause issues so I'd recommend selecting the specific channel.
    • At this point your daw should be showing that it is receiving midi data from the deluge. All you need to do at this point is start recording a clip and the midi data will get recorded in your DAW.

Hope that helps. You may already know how to do that and were just looking for a quicker way but just in case you didn't I thought I'd put it in here. Good luck with the music writing.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

somebody made this https://github.com/dcower/del2rpp
    have not tried myself yet

tamlyntamlyn LondonBeta Tester Posts: 32

http://www.fentonia.com/catnip/midian/

Here's a web based tool that converts between Deluge XML and midi files.