Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Multi-sample kits

Deluge Kits have multi-sample like synths, but in velocity not note.
i.e. drums are recorded in an array of velocities (i.e. a cymbal sound is very different when hit at different velocities)

I am aware that OSC1/2 can have two velocities mapped, but this is limited and tedious to set up manually for every klit.

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@mrrafs said:
    Deluge Kits have multi-sample like synths, but in velocity not note.
    i.e. drums are recorded in an array of velocities (i.e. a cymbal sound is very different when hit at different velocities)

I am aware that OSC1/2 can have two velocities mapped, but this is limited and tedious to set up manually for every klit.

yeah, mulit sample presets should have velocity layers. as there already are 2 sample sources (osc1, osc2) at least 1 layer that can be split by a velocity offset seems mandatoty. not sure about a good implementation idea. the current note range editor is a bit hard for me (setting up note ranges manually), adding velocity ranges seems hard, maybe needs a new UI for editing ranges and layers.

wooderswooders Oxford, UKPosts: 13

This would be really useful. I can imagine thinking out how the UI would work for this could be a head-scratcher.
    Maybe in the short-term it could be done by a naming convention, so for example each sample has the same name but ends in the velocity range, e.g. "snare_000-030". The Deluge then loads up those samples into velocity layers.

The other feature that ties into this is "round-robin" samples where you have multiple samples of the same drum at the same velocity that the sampler then iterates through to give some more natural sounding variations.