Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Does changing folder names corrupt song saves?

GameDudeGameDude EarthPosts: 51

If there is one small gripe I have about Deluge it's that the text rolls by too quickly when displaying folder and file names. Of course the solution is to shorten the names of folders/files, but if I do that, will my file saves stay intact? Probably not, I'm guessing.

One other thing, when saving, is there a button combo to just save right over the current song? I appreciate a new file being created just in case, but do we have a choice to save directly over the current working song? The multiple files saves gets a bit confusing sometimes.

Thanks alot:)

Comments

llexamllexam USABeta Tester Posts: 73
    edited May 2020

Changing folder names will cause the Deluge to error when loading projects that contain paths to the old naming. You can still load the song, but you will have to manually re-assign relevant synths/samples.

Also, you can save directly to the current song without creating a copy:
    After pressing 'Save', scroll backwards to the original project number and press 'Save' again to overwrite.

Edit: syntax

Post edited by llexam on
    GameDudeGameDude EarthPosts: 51

@llexam said:
    Changing folder names will cause the Deluge to error when loading projects that contain paths to the old naming. You can still load the song, but you will have to manually re-assign relevant synths/samples.

Also, you can save directly to the current song without creating a copy:
    After pressing 'Save', scroll backwards to the original project number and press 'Save' again to overwrite.

Edit: syntax

Lol, been awhile- just wanted to say thanks:)